New version of the "Let It Be" film

Peter Jackson’s new version of the “Get Back”/“Let it Be” film will be released in cinemas on 4th September. It includes a lot more of the Twickenham footage and all 41 minutes of the Apple rooftop concert. All the footage has been restored.

Here’s the blurb:

https://www.thebeatles.com/news/walt-disney-studios-release-acclaimed-filmmaker-peter-jackson’s-documentary-beatles-get-back

Intriguingly, a restored version of the original film will also be released at some point. I didn’t think we’d see that while Paul, Ringo and Yoko were still alive.

13 Likes

Sorry, Kev, I thought there were only four of them and two are dead. Where does “Yoko” fit in? Do you know something none of us do?

3 Likes

Yoko controls the Lennon estate T. And she is in the film, IIRC. Also, she is not a lady to be trifled with (neither’s Olivia, for that matter).

6 Likes

I know she has control of his estate but do not always associate her with the band (itself) themselves. Maybe it’s just me!:roll_eyes:

Looking forward to this and will certainly make efforts to view at the cinema. Assuming there’ll be a new Giles Martin LP mix being released to coincide, hope so anyway.

2 Likes

Thx Kev,

Good to know.

M

1 Like

We hope :+1:

Nor me, she’s a parasite, no more

Rubbish. She is a terrific musician/artist in her own right.

5 Likes

Seconded.

Thirded and fourthed if it comes to it.

4 Likes

Fifthed and Sixthed by me.

3 Likes

7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. Why do people always feel the need to dump on her. If you were a real fan John Lennon’s you’d respect the fact that he loved her.

6 Likes

No!!! The first one was bad enough!

I for one find it just nauseating!

Now play Toy Boat… she was not only screaming…

1 Like

Thanks for posting that

1 Like

Tony, no one is making you listen. Think it’s simple if you don’t like something just flick past.

I did!

Yoko Ono. Still polarizing opinions at 87 years of age!

2 Likes

And… different tastes in music…

I like her.