New vs old

I’m not sure that it is a matter of whether the reader likes the same music as the writer. It does get a little repetitive, though, when the same albums keep coming up time and time again. It is not, of course, of great concern. It is, though, a little sad when something is posted (presumably because the album or group are of particular interest to the poster) but without any comment or description (so not enough interest to warrant a line or two?)
But I do find the thread generally useful, in that I have come across music I was previously unaware of, and enjoyed - so a win there. But I do have to go through about 100 posts to find one piece of music that I like.
TBH I find Gnoosic more useful, except that of course it only (in theory) suggests music similar to what you already like. The thread under discussion suggests all sorts of things.

1 Like

I’ll try after dinner tonight and report my findings!

1 Like

???

I simply decided to mute the thread.

It is a web site where you enter up to three groups or people that you like, and it will suggest other, theoretically similar, choices. In each case you say whether or not you like them. Potentially it gets better over time.
Through it, I have come across many performers that I had previously been unaware of.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.