New York visit

@Jamiewednesday as you’ve posted a pic of NYC in the Photos thread I’m presuming you are there now and wondering how you’re getting on? I lived and worked there for 6 months through the Summer of 1989 and have visited several times since, including the last two years. On my 50th birthday we went up the Empire State Building (even though I’d done it half a dozen times before to me it is still the most iconic building in the city and I wanted my girlfriend to experience it) in the morning and then took the Circle Line for a circumnavigation of Manhattan in the afternoon. A special day I’ll always remember, despite the copious amounts of alcohol that followed that night (Long Island Iced Teas of course :partying_face:).

Hi Markah, indeed we are in the shadow of the Empire State right now, as my wife and daughter have decided that two days without buying stuff is two days too many and Sephora and Macy’s are calling. So I’m sat here trying not to look too bored😏

We were Top of The Rock this morning, High Line later today. Not decided where to eat tonight, it’s our turn though as the kids just got a NYC McD’s.

Central Park in the rain tomorrow, plus MoMA and Met :smiley::smiley::smiley:. Empire State, Dumbo, WTC and Staten Island ferry later in week.

Oh and went to Citi Field yesterday to see The Mets get their first series win over Detroit since 2011. Let’s Go Mets!!!:baseball:

1 Like

Fabulous! When my girlfriend went shopping in Macy’s we agreed that I would wait for her in Hooters which is very close by, just to watch the sport obviously :wink:

1 Like

Not sure if you’ll get a table but we had incredible steaks at Sparks. It was like being on the set of the Sopranos, but not intentionally. Great place, quite central. Might be worth a look at their website. This was 3 or 4 years ago.

Have a great time.

Tony

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.