Newbie: Atom + PMC DB1G =?

If you can, use Naim NACA5 speaker cable, correctly terminated and competently soldered by a dealer. Did you get the speaker plugs with the Atom? Minimum of 3.5m either side, any excess can be rolled up in a Z pattern.

1 Like

I have no experience with monitors. I will try to get my supplier to accept a test at my address of stands and cables

Thanks for the welcome!
My previous Infinities were straight on the floor.
To listen I separate them as much as possible from the wall on the furniture.
Iā€™m going to try different positioning and give it time.
Thanks!

1 Like

Very interesting!
I donā€™t know much about cables
The NACA here are not available
I will search the forum. If you have any link about Naim and cables, please share it with me?
Thanks

NACA is not available here
I did not know those data of the 3.5 meters. My cables are 1.5 meters
I will look for information about it
Thanks

@frenchrooster, Iā€™m sure itā€™s not a cable issue.
You canā€™t simply put speakers on a piece of furniture like that and expect it to perform at its best. Thereā€™s that vast expanse of wood in front of the drivers.
PMC used to sell brackets specially made for that speaker - the DB1s were then about 5 inches from the wall - but in free space.

2 Likes

This is from Naim

You can buy it from Naim dealers and also secondhand eBay.

2 Likes

1,5 meters is too short. You need normally 3/4 meters minimum with Naim.
The cables used generally here with Naim : Naim Naca 5, Which Hat Phantom, Chord Epic or other Chord, Tellerium blackā€¦.
Go in the search part , and tap Ā« speakers cables + impedance Ā« , Ā« length of speakers cables Ā», Ā« non Naim speakers cables Ā». 3 different threads already.

2 Likes

I agree, but wrong speakers cables and wrong length can be a very negative point, if itā€™s the case.

1 Like

A good alternative, if you canā€™t have stands for aesthetics reasons, is Isoacoustics Aperta 200.

From Isoacoustics site

4 Likes

I think at least one Forum user had similar to Isoacoustics for a similar situation to mpaltadonna .

Certainly I think he would benefit from decent cables .

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got some cheap sorbothane hemispheres under my Monitor Audio Bronze speakers in my bedroom system. They help somewhat.

2 Likes

Those that you name here are not sold. Here there is usually Van Del Hul for sale. Do they match Naim?

I donā€™t think so. But you can easily order Naca 5 online. Where do you live?

@Mark84 has an Atom and bought recently the Naca 5 online, if i remember well.

1 Like

Argentina

I have PMC DB1i on my office desk, theyā€™re on Isoacoustics stands which Iā€™d recommend and not expensive. I have the ISO 130 and theyā€™re a good match size wise. You can set them low or high and angle them if desired.
Iā€™d suspect itā€™s the speaker cable thatā€™s the bottleneck in your case.
Naim NAC A5 pairs can be found used relatively easily and as others have likely mentioned get a pair of at least 3m in length, an Atom will be less fussy over the prescribed speaker cable length but starting with a baseline of a pair of NAC A5 at 3m+ in length is a good idea.
Avoid braided or silver based cables in general, other cables will work but matching them to known suitable types will be recommended by many.
Replace the bi-wire links with tails of the same speaker cable, banana to spades, worth doing once you settle on a solution NAC A5 or similar.
If the Atom is brand new it will need some use to settle down as well, likely not the most significant aspect of your system enjoyment but worth a mention.

The DB1 ATL is rear ported, pull them much further away from the wall behind, that and some isolation should help out with soundstage.

1 Like

Yeah this is a good choice.

1 Like

Yes easy to order online. It did make a difference for me, for the better. But I think In this case itā€™s not going to be the difference he is looking for.

2 Likes

Having looked on the Naim website it seems the following is the distributor for Argentina

SOUND PAUL

Don Bosco 3532

Ciudad de Buenos Aires Capital Federal

Ciudad de Buenos Aires Buenos Aires

Argentina

(011) 5217-5850

https://www.sonidopaul.com.ar/naim

1 Like