Next upgrade phono preamp

So silly question, would running the Superline off the Supernait degrade the sound of the SN or just limit the sound of the SL?

No worries, I only recalled cos I once harboured dark thoughts about adding one to my XS3 :wink:

Just limit the sound of the superline Mandrake

I have the superline/supercapDR into the SN3 - it’s sounds wonderful

I assume you are aware the superline is only for moving coil cartridges

Well to be honest no I did not realize for MC only. The DV XX mkII is mc. So as normal I’m just thinking about myself haha. But thanks for the heads up.

That’s a great cartridge you have there anyway Mandrake

1 Like

I heard the Sutherland TZ Direct in Axpona a couple weeks ago and I was mighty impressed, it brought LP playback closer to real music in a way I’ve never heard before. Looking forward to audition the Little Loco.

1 Like

TomTom Audio have a SuperLine from 2022 for £2,609. I have no idea if that’s a good price, but I have very good experience of TomTom.

1 Like

I wonder if Naim will replace the Superline down the track in some form or another in a new classic box

Issue is currently the current superline is not compatible with the new classic 300 PS

Hi
Whest audio do a great phono stage & some reduced price options too.
I’ve demo’d superline, Allnic, Gold note,
Graham Slee, Trichord & a few others & to my ears the Whest sounded the best.
Excellent phono stage.

Thanks

Mark

2 Likes

EAR Phono Classic
That is the one i will get next month anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s been covered on the new classic thread.

naim themselves reference a new NVC TT and pictures/spec/price is available on US websites, as NVC331. The model number is in the thread somewhere.

Surprised to see this mentioned, but its correct - the Naim NVC331 (*) can be found on a few US websites. Price is listed as US$4,999-00 - cf. US$8,999-00 for the NSC222.

(* - I assume this is the Solstice Phono Preamp, re-numbered.)

Yes I didn’t think I was breaking the embargo since the new classic thread with the model number has been left up for a few months now.

1 Like

Its the 1st time I have seen a model number mentioned. But its existence had been already confirmed, by I think @110dB - ? And that it would be the Solstice unit, ‘re-issued’.

[331 seems a strange number to choose… IMO…]

Yes, no big secrets here. 331 is definitely still up on that thread, I checked before posting :smile: A forum search finds it.

Google naim and other numbers starting 33x…… :laughing:

The 331 is also up on retailers web sites as well so poorly kept secret if it’s still one
. Basically the same price point as the Superline.

Some here upgraded the Solstice phono with Superline/ Supercap. They found the Superline better. However the Solstice phono matches better the Equinox cart in the Solstice package.

1 Like

A superline didn’t particularly degrade the sound from digital (CDX2/555ps) on a 282, not that I’d have cared if it had a little, and I don’t notice anything too bad from a stageline N on my 552, the superline gets the supercap recycled from the 282.

Findings on 332 and 333… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks IainO

I’ll await more details but what I do know is that it’s not compatible with the New Classic PS

I was just trying to understand if one could replace the current superline/supercapDR combo with new classic range and have the same SQ

Time will tell I guess

1 Like