Next upgrade phono preamp

It looks like I’ll need to wait a bit to check out the P75 MK IV.They are all sold out at the moment.

2 Likes

It’s very good Mandrake - mate of mine has it along with DV preamp and amp

Sounds great

1 Like

Good to know. When I can find when with a try at home I’ll a/b with the Rega Aria v3.

If you can find one in the US I can’t recommend the Vertere Phono-1 Mk2 too much. Transformed my LP listening.

Have you tried eBay? I got one for a remarkably low price there.

1 Like

I believe this is incorrect.

Superline powered from a 252, yes, that gets the applicable dedicated Supercap windings.

Superline powered from a 282, however, does not benefit from the dedicated windings in the Supercap. It can’t, since the Supercap is not connected to the 282 by Burndy.

1 Like

Do you have a Radikal? If yes, a second-hand Urika is very tough to beat in VFM.

If not, the same applies to an Uphorik. I rate both much ahead of a Superline.

This is a worthwhile reminder that all ears/ systems/ rooms differ.

Just because most here (me included) would much rather have Superline than Urika or Uphorik does not mean that the OP will agree.

Convenience and box count can matter too - even if one does not prefer a Urika at all for SQ, it can win by a lot for tidiness.

FWIW, I have SL & Radikal with a 52 in one system and DV75 mk4/ Lingo 4 for an 82 in another.

1 Like

By recycled I mean it got the supercap to power it exclusively once I upgraded to a 552, I skipped the 252.
I didn’t like the supercap powering the superline via a Snaic particularly, it needs the Burndy to beat AUX power from a 552.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.