Nice Photos

Now that’s a bear.

I once got advice from one of the rangers about how to respond to meeting a bear. Back then the advice was that the black bears would most likely seek to avoid you in the first place but if you stumbled on one it would probably run.

A grizzly on the other hand required nerves of steel. Apparently the best chance was to stand your ground and wait for the bear to do its mock charge, calmly put your back pack on the ground and walk away at 90deg. All other courses of action including playing dead would lead to you being dead.

Unfortunately the easy courses of action, like weeing yourself, or similar, are ineffective. Works for sharks but those were rare in the Kicking Horse Pass, at least back in the 90s.

1 Like

I would thought that showing any signs of weakness or fear would get you into trouble with a grizzly. Animals usually can smell it, fear get you into all sorts of bother. Of course all of this is easy from the safety of your lounge room. :grin:

1 Like

I’m afraid just sitting here thinking about an encounter with a grizzly. I don’t know how you could force yourself not to be afraid in that situation…give me something easy to do, like solving the quantum physics for a large molecule.

Got to brown bears in BC a few years ago no one seemed that bothered or worried. It was wonderful to see a mother and her cub metres away from people on mountain bikes.

But grizzlies are a different beast, my first reaction would be run like hell.

Well I’d be yelling to anyone that could hear

“Pass me a pair of brown trousers would you, I’ve just had an accident”

Fat chance of there being any bears in Balmain.:grin:

There’s a line there but might get myself into trouble :grinning:

Yes, I thought of that as I posted it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And it’s a very good taste…

6 Likes

And they say money can’t buy you taste!

7 Likes

undoubtedly. :+1:

1 Like

That’s been hit the ugly stick over and over.

Well, sometimes a shopping trip does call for a little more practicality.

7 Likes

I’m obviously shopping in the wrong places.

1 Like

A few days in Northumberland.

Yesterday evening. Peace and quiet.

The ditch and earthworks on the right are Hadrian’s Wall, goes past the bottom of the property we’ve rented

21 Likes

Well, I guess that would be one way to keep the wife from buying too many things…

1 Like

I believe in you

11 Likes

The scene screams “Vulgari”, rather than “Bulgari”, n’est-ce pas?

Weeelll, I kinda liked the second one. But yes.