Nice Photos

Just outside Nairn

2 Likes

The fly

24 Likes

Now look Ian…… for goodness sake you could at least give full info on camera, settings, and any post production in order to help us lesser mortals try to get close. It’s to depressing for us otherwise! :wink:
Absolutely stunning and better than many published by pro’s.

4 Likes

Birds

26 Likes

Nice one.

The light in Scotland does help but great photos !!!

Some images are just brilliant and I love this one. Could be used for loads of things.

1 Like

Thank u Count.d

Thanks ChifChaf, glad you like them. Taken with a Sony A7iii mirrorless, fitted with a G series 24-105 zoom, aperture priority, mostly f8 iirc, ISO 100. All single frame images apart from the wide landscape showing the ascent ridge; this is a stitched panorama comprising 5 overlapping portrait shots. Mother nature did most of the work (though my legs might argue otherwise today!); I just put myself in the right place to capture it. Post processed in Lightroom, Adobe Landscape profile, auto settings then tweaked to look how I want. Mask on the sky for most to even out exposure and add a bit of clarity/texture.

Cheers,

Ian

5 Likes

Thanks Ian…… though I suspect you have left out something :thinking:

Oh yes… talent….

Am currently looking at mirrorless for landscape as currently use Nikon D500 for reach with wildlife. Will wait for Nikon Z8 as can then use my old lenses. Would otherwise look at Sony.
Keep posting.

1 Like

You have a lovely light touch with the post-processing, so nice to see after all the gritty-textured over-sharpened travesties you see everywhere. The crispness and colours remind me of my beloved Kodachrome 64. Very well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Norwegian road

45 Likes

These are lovely, really excellent photography! :+1:t4:

1 Like

Peculiar but interesing!

Great images. Thanks for sharing.

Less ‘nice’, more interesting. The road near my house is being reprofiled. Last night I noticed the old tramlines/cobblestones that have been revealed temporarily. The last Exeter tram ran in 1931. Strangely atmospheric walking on them with no traffic around.

16 Likes

It would be nice for those to remain.

2 Likes

Fog Over The Locks

17 Likes

Sometimes less is more.

16 Likes