Nice Photos

Imitating art in a narcissistic way

6 Likes

Your pictures bring back memories. When I left school in 77, I rented a cottage in Poolewe, with two school mates. The owner was very brave. On one of the days we walked to loch Fionn and went fishing from a rowing boat. I caught one brown Trout. I remember chatting with my friends about the fact that there was probably not a single person in any direction for miles. It was stunning. We had two weeks of fishing and walking. ( plus beer and whisky).

2 Likes

Sounds like a brilliant trip!

Walking the Corfu trail - it absolutely pissed it down so arrived soaked. Did offer this dramatic pre-sunset shot from the bar.

10 Likes

Canon Beach, Oregon.
Part of our drive from Canada to California.
(These ‘nice photos’ always seem to be ‘nicer’ when enlarged to full screen, especially the landscape ones that Ian and others, for example, post)

20 Likes

Crater Lake, Oregon. (on our way back from California to Canada)

14 Likes

some garden practice with new macro lens

21 Likes

We are having a big family holiday this summer in that neck of the woods, in fact I’m pretty sure we’ve got a night or two at crater lake - your pics are making me even more excited!

1 Like

My wife and I were there a couple of years ago while on a West Coast roadtrip. We did get to Crater Lake – but only just, because a wildfire passed through days earlier. I don’t mean to be a downer, but check weather reports and do have a contingency plan. Other than that, I hope you and your family enjoy what is sure to be a wonderful holiday.

1 Like

Trillium Lake, with Mt Hood.
On our way North, so just about to leave Oregon.

We had a wonderful trip, and wonderful weather. I hope you and your family enjoy your up-coming holiday in that part of the USA.

21 Likes

Beautiful sky and reflection!

1 Like

7 Likes

Town this morning

12 Likes

Just like the southern highlands is Pete in lots of mornings and then sun bursts through -hopefully

Mrs Pete is on her way to her mothers in Wauchope and said it was like this all the way the Pacific Hwy then you pop out into a beautiful blue day.

Where’s Wauchope?

About 40kms west of Port Macquarie. We call it War-choppy which is how it sounds without the emphasis on the y however it’s really pronounced war hope :grin:

Sky over Switzerland

6 Likes

What is that??

A reflection, turned 180?