Nice Photos

A few shots of the Grand union Canal taken this week, just a quick edit of the Jpegs as no time to look at the Raws

The shot with the narrow boat moving away from the camera, I cannot decide which I prefer, the boat in the mid or back ground?

23 Likes

Where were you on the canal? I prefer the photo with the boat closer. In the other photo it’s too far away and loses its character. Of course this is looking at the photos on my iPad - it may be different with larger reproductions.

Hi Clive, thanks for the reply. these were taken just north of the Cow roast marina so walking towards Tring. I think you may well be right about the shot with the boat closer to the camera.

Incidentally, the narrow boat in the picture was bumbling along at about half walking pace, what a way of life!

1 Like

Sanctuary

We made the pub - the Lord Nelson Burnham Thorpe- after a long walk seconds before the heavens opened.

16 Likes

More autumn colours this afternoon in Taunton, Somerset.

6 Likes

Danse Macabre

15 Likes

21 Likes

Fenghuang Ancient Town, Hunan, China

20 Likes

The wonderful thing about mountains is that there are always quiet and wild places among them if your method of deciding where to go, and when and how to travel are different from those of most other people.

2 Likes

The butterfly seems to be a nice one, but it’s a little out of focus :grin:

On Golden Punt, Cambridge, yesterday

16 Likes

The Last Post

24 Likes

Think a bit of T cut and she will be grand

19 Likes

Oregon Coast.

41 Likes

A couple from Lochindorb, Scotland, on what was a cold, but stunning, day. The castle is in the middle of the Loch and was formerly the stronghold of the Wolf of Badenoch, who sacked Elgin Cathedral and now has a beer named after him.

Cheers,

Ian

43 Likes

Out with my wife today celebrating my 72 Birthday @ Palisade’s restaurant in the Magnolia neighborhood in Seattle.

The view from our table…

35 Likes

Last week we had a friend stay with us for a few days while they were visiting Seattle. Cheyenne was also along for the visit and was a very well behaved guest!

21 Likes

While out for a walk last weekend we came across a troll out in the woods.

30 Likes

Fall Colors Outside the Door

21 Likes

A bit wild this morning in West Wales

24 Likes