Nick Cave Vinyl Sound Quality

I’m a relative newcomer and neophyte to the music of Nick Cave.
He first came on to my musical radar when I saw Grinderman on Jools Holland.
I bought the first Grinderman LP when it came out and then Dig Lazarus Dig (the original press with 7"Single).
Since then I have Push The Sky Away, Live At KCRW, Skeleton Tree.
All of the above have good sound quality on vinyl (I have just recieved Ghosteen but not played it yet)
Anyway, a while back having my interest piqued I was keen to explore further into the Nick Cave back catalogue. I bought a vinyl reissue of Lyre…/Abbatoir… and it sounded absolutely awful, so compressed. Further exploration ended there.
I’ve been having a browse at original pressings of this and Boatmans call on Discogs to find inflated asking prices of upwards of £80 for NM copies.
A few comments under the reviews are suggesting that the SQ of original pressings are similarly described as sounding not particularly good.
Could anyone here who has vinyl copies of earlier Nick Cave titles, original or reissue, comment on the SQ and perhaps offer some recommendations.
Thanks in grateful anticipation
:grin:

1 Like

I have Boatman’s Call and Push The Sky Away on re-issue vinyl and they both sound rather good to me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.