Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

Thats just bad planning… :grin:

I have just had a look to see if Eurostar would work - looks like it.

UK West Coast line to London Euston
Transfer to London St Pancras (which is walking distance)
Eurostar St Pancras to Rotterdam
NS Train Rotterdam to Tilburg

Hmmmm… :thinking:

Go on you know you really want to :star_struck::star_struck:

Just reading the blurb makes me jealous of anyone lucky enough to go.

If only some of the vocalists on the original album make it it will be a superb show. Anneke Floor, Simone, Maggi Lutyens, Hansi Kursch et al

“Somewhere between 2 and 3 hours is the plan! But oh man, if Arjen decides to give another one of his infamous long-winded speeches, all bets are off :wink:

Better set you alarm clock for 1:00pm GMT 27th Oct I bet tickets don’t last long

10 Years ago… Nightwish got a new singer, at very short notice.

10 years later… she is still there… Floor Jansen…!

Storytime - through the Floor years -

So, how’s that new singer with Nightwish doing then…?

A very recent (16th Oct) audience video of Elan. Not great quality, but never mind…

Not so good news
As Floor says a timely reminder to get our and our loved ones health checked out.

3 Likes

Not good, but it seems that it’s been caught early, so all we can do is wish her well.

However, it might be sensible to delay the start of the tour, or shift some of the early dates to the end, so I can see another postponement on the horizon.

1 Like

I think its likely. Floor is being very positive - but I would say the European tour is likely to be pushed back. That - would be the right thing to do, Floor… :expressionless:

Totally agree, we need those lungs to be in fine fettle!

1 Like

Floor update:

Update

Oh my, that’s rotten news, but it’s a testament to the breast screening programmes that this was caught early.

I hadn’t heard the bad news and was just looking to see if there was ticket availability for London or Birmingham next week given an outside chance of being able to go. Presumably the tour is still on.

I suspect going won’t be practical for various reasons but it would be nice if I could.

1 Like

I keep getting reminders from Ticketmaster - no indication of any change. But… I will not get my rail ticket for Birmingham (which is 22nd) until the tour has started - on 20th November, in Antwerp.

1 Like

Recent updates say surgery has been successful and she is recuperating at home

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkQmr5DqtI8/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

3 Likes

That Insta is from late October. Its still true - but isn’t so recent.

Still nothing more from Ticketmaster. Would think that the logistics for the Antwerp-London-Birmingham run would be in op by now - or soon will be…?

No news = Good news…?

And - I see tickets are still available, for Birmingham NEC…!!!

1 Like

And here is the news we have been waiting for… :smiley:

Floor Jansen - Health Update

“Great news! I am cancer free. The surgery took everything cancerous out and it hasn’t spread! I’ll get local radiation therapy in February to make sure everything stays out.”

“I’m getting my energy back after the surgery and feel a huge relief to know it was successful! I’m not back to a 100% but I have no doubt the shows will give me the power push I need to rock with all of you on the upcoming European tour.”

"Thank you for your amazing support and well wishes ! :pray: :pray: "

So… Tuesday, NEC, for me… :grin:

4 Likes

Great news.

2 Likes

Just for a little fun

Crewing the Nightwish roadies for want of a better term have released

Dark Chest of Wonders featuring Tarja

1 Like

I’m glad I found this on YouTube last night, I think it adds a heck of a lot to the dynanic/interactions of the competitors I’ve only partially seen in individual song clips - what a truly talented bunch they all are. In their own ways they all nail their songs. Emma Heesters, utterly stunning!

I particularly like the interactions between Floor and Samantha as Samantha tends to look a bit miserable/stern in many of the songs, I think she may just have been over-awed, and we see her smile a lot more here.

You also realise what a lovely genuine person Floor is and how she’s so moved by the other singers.

Just bought my Train tickets for the NEC on Tuesday.

Committed… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes