Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

There’s a link as it has Irene :slight_smile:

…in both videos!

1 Like

Well spotted… Yes. Correct… :sunglasses:

Do you know… Irene is even taller than Floor. But not as tall as Arjen… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t!

1 Like

Neither did I…!! I had though Floor was a bit taller - but seems not.

I do like the interaction on stage, between Floor and Emppu - tall vs not so…!!

download (2)

2 Likes

A bit of Floror - Ad Astra -

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fPvcXcbBnD8

I wanted to pop back into this thread since some time ago you all provided some really great advice about Nightwish albums and other bands I might be interested in. As it happens I now have pretty much the entire set of Nightwish albums in either CD or vinyl formats and this has really opened up a whole new area of music for me. I have also sampled music from Delain, Within Temptation and Epica via streaming. I am still looking for other suggestions if anyone would like to share!

3 Likes

Ayreon and Star One - both from Arjen Lucassen. Both Floor Jansen and sister Irene (*) regularly feature.

Ayreon is proggy - Star One is more Metal.

Personally, despite trying to like Delain, Within Temptation & Epica, all failed for me.
Nightwish - and Ayreon… are (IMO)… better…!

But YMMV… :crazy_face:

(* - Irene Jansen, Floor’s younger sister, is the left most backing singer in Intergalactic…)

1 Like

@philiprst - Here’s a bit of Ayreon -

You should spot quite a few notables here. Irene Jansen is again in the backing singers.

Anneke van Geirsbergen is in the gold trouser suit. Simone Simons from Epica, in the silver mini dress - she also often appears in Ayreon stuff. As does Anneke.

Another suggestion - albeit just one album., The Gentle Storm - featuring Anneke & Arjen.

There is also Anneke’s former band, The Gathering.

And if you like Nightwish, try their Folk Rock offshoot - Auri -

Thats probably enough… for now…!

2 Likes

This list is a bit old, but….

That was a good couple of months! First off was Helsinki for the last night of Nightwish’s (Annette) world tour (19th September). Then off to Belgium for MFVF (that’s the back of my well worn and much loved fleece), and finally to Birmingham for the Femme Metal Festival (7th November) with Delain headlining.

2 Likes

Take that? No, just joking honest!!

All great bands you mention there, and all but Delain came to me via this thread, so not just great HiFi!!

1 Like

I guess that’s positive then… :thinking:

Worth It.

More bands to throw in, from me -

• Evanescence
  • Cellar Darling
  • Midnattsol
1 Like

Thanks young man, I knew of Evanescence, but not t’other two, methinks I’ll be giving them a listen or two!

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I am 65…!!!

1 Like

Cellar Darling are all ex - Eluveitie.

Add them too maybe…?

(I have not listen to Eluveitie, myself - bu I have both Cellar Darling CD’s - and have seen them live.)

PS. My own tastes are definitely on the more Prog side… :open_mouth:
If its too Metal, I probably wont like it.

Got ya! I’m 67 in three weeks lol, on the outside anyway, 21 on the inside!!

Just thought I should let you know youngster!!

1 Like

And I will be 66 later this year… Nerr…!!!

1 Like

Kids of today, huh!

3 Likes

Another vote for Ayreon.

If you like following rabbit holes the give The Day That The World Breaks Down from The Source (2017)
Gives 11 singers and hence 11 bands, some you will know Floor, Simone…
Others inc Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Toehoder + others.

For another Project you could give Avantasia a go

2 Likes

Female vocal fronted options:

Ad Infinitum
Amberian Dawn
Beyond The Black
Dark Sarah
Edenbridge
Walk In Darkness

Male vocals

Kamelot
Lords Of Black
Majestica
Stratovarius
Van den Plas

2 Likes

Thanks for suggesting Auri who are new to me. Listening now.

1 Like