Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

1 Like

Well, I like it!

2 Likes

Original is Two Women Wearing Bonnets Winding Wool at Cottage Doorway.
There’s plenty of time to wind wool until September! A playful take on Frank Meadow Sutcliffe’s original.

2 Likes

@Stokie - Thank you for finding the original.

2 Likes

First ‘reaction’ YouTube I have seen, for Perfume of the Timeless.
Quote - 'This sounds like Movie music, right…? ’
Tuomas - :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Encountered that on YouTube last week. Really quite like it. Impressive video even if some bits don’t resonate.

Love the huge Angler Fish in the video as well as the Horseshoe Crab like thing swimming.

1 Like

I’ve now had a recollection of Rammstein’s Flake winding wool in the village in one of their ‘saucy’ videos.

1 Like

Crikey - they’ve got a Welsh themed track - Hiraeth = Longing. Suspect that might be Troy’s influence.

I think I mentioned a while back I wasn’t listening to or watching as much Nightwish - fantastic in a way as I’ve just started re-watching many of the videos on YouTube and a bit of a hiatus has prompted rediscovery of many great songs/performances as well as more current appreciation of a few things I was less fond of before.

The ‘monster puppet’ somehow reminded me of the BBC’s HHGTTG Zaphod Beeblebrox prosthetics as I think there’s another arm underneath when she reaches out.

Actually, watching again last night it’s like a large fluffy draught excluder wrapped around her neck/shoulders with lots of teeth, not a 3rd arm!

Troy is not Welsh…

But does seem to have some Celtic musical connections… :thinking:

I knew he wasn’t Welsh but had assumed he was Irish for some reason, presumably due to the pipes.

How interesting, I’d have never thought he was English (primarily due to his accent, but I’m useless with those and even more so with geography).

1 Like

Great link, thanks for that - so formerly known as ‘Union Pipes’. Well I never!

1 Like

Troy is very definitely Northern English…!

1 Like

Tuomas - on Perfume of the Timeless -

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XKSQOrOLhps

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s an absolute ‘grower’ isn’t it?

2 Likes

Part 3 - Floor -

2 Likes

Part 4 - the natural History Museum.

Darwin’s specimens in a Rock Video…!!!

2 Likes