Nightwish - Birmingham'21 and beyond

Ticketmaster want some serious money for the tickets…better be the church gig!

2 Likes

Yes, I’d noticed some time ago. :neutral_face:

Interesting… What is your source for this…? I would like to read more.

• The singer notes that the track “Shoemaker” was “a real puzzle,” particularly its operatic coda. They were satisfied with the initial vocal takes but felt that the singing had not quite hit the mark. Jansen did another pass that sounded better, but she still felt like she was struggling with it. Once the choir was injected into the mix, she sang along with those tracks and rerecorded herself at home.*

Unfortunately I can’t find the actual reference to verify the re-arrangement of Shoemaker live
It came from a comment on a reaction channel together with the Floor comment above so I suspect it is a valid one as I did read a report saying that Tuomas didn’t think Shoemaker would be possible love.

A rummage through some of Floor’s own fan Friday videos may reveal more

1 Like

Thank you everyone for sharing. So awesome Floor Jansen and Nightwish are doing live gigs again! Damn hard to get any work done watching hellfest this morning. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Alley_Cat arms are covered in this one but, ahem, I think I prefer her outfit in storytime. Love her Amazonian look. Btw, you are so right, the camera work is all over the place. Makes me dizzy… :joy:

2 Likes

I really think she’s diversifying ‘brand wise’ and there’s Floor the songstress and Floor the Nightwish lead singer.

I think women look fantastic in feminine or raunchy clothes, but certain things I really don’t like and I’ll admit trouser-suits or suits (especially pinstripe) don’t do much for me.

Then again, what do I know about ‘fashion’? Only what I like :grinning:

Haha totally understand, there you go both outfits are here. Vote people what you like! :sunglasses:

(Credit: pic sourced from Facebook so I hope it doesn’t violate any rules here.)

• Left
  • Right

0 voters

2 Likes

The one on the right has a skirt bit that reminds me of those corrugated paper inserts in chocolate boxes.

Ahem, chocolate boxes… yummy. :wink:

1 Like

Another one…? Oh… go on then…

Storytime… From Wacken.

2 Likes

This is rather long but split into two parts. Song with usual rewinds to begin with followed up by a summary analysis which I’ve not watched through.

Seems like a load of bull/waffle for 6-7 minutes or so until he starts the concert up but thereafter very good:

Nice that he seems to know nothing at all about them for the ‘first reaction’.

2 Likes

A Viking, a Wizard, a Dwarf, a Pirate and a Siren…

(thats Marko, Tuomas, Empu, Jukka and Floor)

Nightwish - 2013 - Waken - Song of Myself - enjoy…!

Last Ride of the Day - great version…!!

1 Like

Short interview with Floor, in Berlin:

1 Like

YouTube found me another Floor interview. This is fron Finnish TV, but is in Swedish… Which is OK, as Finland is a bilingual country…!!

Sit down make / get yourself a cup / glass of something nice
It’s a long one…

The Greatest Show on Earth with Eric Clarke of The Wyldside

Wembley- My favoured version.
Yes Tampere has added pyrotechnics but Wembley has a special guest

1 Like

Blame YouTube for finding this again, for me.

From the Anette era - Storytime - the official video.
There was certainly a lot of effort put into this…!!!

Tuomas is on record, saying that no one could have sung these songs better than Anette.

News - just in…

Nightwish have announced that their ex-Wintersun Bass player, Jukka Koskinen, is now a permanent member.

Personally, I am sad that this means Marko is definitely gone.
Although TBH I didn’t see a way back for him… :cry:

Announcement from Floor Jansen You Tube

Nightwish will be in here… somewhere.

History of Finnish Heavy Metal