Nikon D750 new user

Without wishing to send thread on major tangent, how are you finding the R? I tried one out very briefly a few months ago and quite liked it, though online reports seem mixed.

Enjoying it especially with the dedicated 24-105 zoom. Colour rendition is excellent and I’d say it’s up there if not marginally better than the EOS 5 Mk4.its certainly better all round than our other camera - an EOS 6MK 1 but that’s no slouch either. I bought a lens adaptor with the R and can still enjoy my L series lenses with no apparent drop off in performance.

How are you getting on with it, @Antz?

@Christopher_M love the camera, just purchased 24/120 F4 full frame lens which is stunning along with my 200 - 500 F4, just need 80 - 200

I am still getting to grip with controls - use A & S the most

1 Like

Pleased to hear it. You’re gonna need a stout bag :-)))

1 Like

…for carrying camera and associated equipment I use F-Stop backpacks, small, medium and large sizes for city walks and short hikes, weekend trips and long distant journeys. Comfortable to carry a load and easy access to gear.

For casual walks I also use a Artisan & Artists ACAM-7100 camera bag to carry a single camera and a couple of prime lenses.

@seakayaker walking and general shots black rapid sport strap which works really well, also have Lowepro carry bags for telephoto lens and main bag is Manfrotto Windsor reporter

have manfrotto mono prod, just need to look at lightwieght trio pod

A lightweight tripod that I use is the Gitzo GT0531 Mountaineer 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod which weighs 2.4 lb / 1.1 kg and supports 11 lbs. I use this when doing city walks at night or out hiking. This particular tripod was bought in 2013 and is no longer available but recommend the Gitzo brand for quality lightweight tripods.

I also have an Induro CLT303L Classic Series 3 Stealth Carbon Fiber which weighs 4.6 lb / 2.1 kg and supports 44 lbs. I use this at night or if needed during the day if the wind is up a bit since it is a much sturdier tripod.

The 70-200 f4 Nikon lens works really well with the 750. Almost as sharp as the f2.8 version but so much cheaper snd lighter! Highly recommended.

@timmo1341 thanks for the feedack, I will have a look at that lens as you say the new lens is quite ££££

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.