Noisy nap300 fan?

Ah yes it round appear that the dealer was incorrect

I would be more worried that the fan was running at all, old warn out fans can become noisy but based on my experience of a NAP300 I find it odd that it has run enough hours to wear it out to the extent that it is making a noise. Perhaps it was faulty from the ‘get-go’. I still wonder why it is being called to run though do you have high ambient temperatures?

1 Like

Hi Roog, the amp is brand new hence Naim think one of the fans has a dodgy motor. Apparently the fans are on a lot of the time when the amp is in use, mine could ge heard after thirty minutes of rock at beyond the ten pm position on the dial - in any case naim told me that the amp is capable of running flat out for extended periods…

Until yesterday, I didn’t hear the fan on my NAP 300 either. But after listening to “It Gonna Come” from the album Live At The Olympia by Melody Gardot, the fan also turned on (11 o’clock, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

1 Like

How loud was your fan?

Never listening beyond 9 I must admit :wink:

I didn’t hear the fan until I turned off the music.

1 Like

Lol! All the joy comes from ten!

Aye but how loud was it with music off? Obvious or did you have to make a point of listening?

It was obvious because it was the first time I heard it. As soon as I started listening to music again, the noise was no longer perceptible.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.