Not so greatest hits

Given the competition, I presume it was you who won product of the year, Adam?

1 Like

You remember where you bought that system? I’d laugh if it had been me that demoed it to you.

Richard! How very dare you??

Well some of us did, and remain very happy with them. Proof…

OK, you’ve redeemed yourself!
They also work well on the end of a 72/Hi-Cap/250 BTW. :wink:

IMHO they deserve to be. Underrated. Mine aren’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

That looks nasty…

Thankyou Adam👍

I remember taking this snap at the factory after a meeting. Didn’t find the original to check the date.

NaimFrontAlt

8 Likes

The box at the bottom looks interesting…

It’s a DVD5.

Brilliant, well done Geoff.

1 Like

When is the official Naim history coming out??

I’m not even joking :slight_smile:

1 Like

The nvi sounded great which was good but beyond that what a piece of cabbage, waiting ten minutes for it took hook onto a signal and the molasses interface were really bad it has to be said.

Sounded damn good though.

Yes i purchased it all from Audio t.

A Coming-out Adam? Naim confessing that it is actually run by Linnies?

wasn’t a fan of the 250-2 myself

The NAIM App. Utterly hopeless.

1 Like

After my first six months of use it is yet to put a foot wrong. Simple to use and so far faultless. I often hear grumbles about the app but it works great in my experience.

4 Likes

The AV1 was not popular, but it works a treat. I have one facilitating the powering of two rear ESL57 panels in my six ESL panel system…

Wow 8) That must be quite something!

What is the rationale for having 6 panels? Are they all driven full range?

…oh, rear, a surround setup with them?

So, a stacked pair for each of the front left and right (main) channels (powered by an NAP135 for each channel).

Then the AV1 feeds an NAP250 for the two rear channels (with the panels suspended upside down bolted to the ceiling).

It is indeed, as you surmise, quite something, and makes a lot of noise (which is very pleasing, as Quad ESL57s were always criticised for not playing loudly enough).

(If only Guy Lamotte had succeeded in making his Naim FL-1 electrostatic loudspeaker work, many more of us could learn to love loud electrostatic speakers.)

1 Like

I collected the little active system - CD3, 93, 2x90, 2xFC, IXO and Intros. I also used it with a basic LP12.

Although I loved my first and only active system, I always hankered for more. I am not entirely sure sticking these ‘introductory’ separates together, with a basic crossover and speakers truly captured the benefit of active systems. Anyway, I had fun with it.