Nova + 250DR Speaker change?

No reason to not have an upgrade in your case. No one is denying it.
But for the total price of Sonus Faber, Nova, and 250 dr, you could have a system sounding much better. It was the reason of the replies.

1 Like

Yeh point taken and I agree… just want simple minimum boxes if they are keepers then im sure I will re-visit the streamer or if the super nova arrives Im in.
cheers
Paul

2 Likes

May I ask you if the Nova without the 250DR sounds fine with the Olympica Nova II/III ?

Best regards

Is the super nova a replacement for the nova?

I have done very little A/B comparing with and without the dr250 for the minimal amount ive done I would say the improvement in. SQ when adding a 250dr is minimal. I would guess that the speakers would all sound good without the dr250 I can and will do some more A/B testing when I have to pull my kit out again and report back probably when they come to take the demo sf3 out… ouch

1 Like

It would be for me ! its on my wish list like a lot of others .

Thank you for the feedback. Did you demo the Olympica 2 vs 3 in the store ?

I had a home demo on the sf 2"s and then thought I should try the 3"s I preferred the S/f 2’s to my kanta 2’s but having now listened to the sf’3 I would buy them over either of the 2"s for sure.
I would like to hear the S/F Guarneri tradition a/b with the s/f 3 before ordering one or the other . that said I also have to sell my Kanta 2,s first as I don’t want to become a collector of big speakers :slight_smile:

1 Like

You will have to leave the forum and make a new account :smiley:

Thank you very much !

So 48 Hours in they Just get better " keeping it back in the room" hooked up to my nova + nap dr 250 the Sonus Faber Olipian nova III’s I love them its like my ears are evolving …Problem is every time I look at them they seem to get bigger and the Mrs has noticed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are lucky they will morph into V’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which finish did you go for?

I Haven’t finally decided just yet but will be the Wenge if I finish up with the Nova 2 or 3 although both colours look good in the range

They must be MASSIVE !

I love the look of these speakers but was put off by the manual suggesting they should be at least a metre from a back wall. How close to the back and side walls are your demo pair sited? I was also uncertain whether the II or III were the best size for our room (no local dealer near me unfortunately). Are you happy to share the dimensions of your room?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I could never have a speaker 1m off the wall and appreciate I must compromise especially when I have them just 150mm off the back wall.
IMO they work and as the design has the base port almost venting at 45deg from the back wall it helps.
My room is 9m L X 4.5 D with a part vaulted sealing,
I have them sitting at 1 end of the 9m L facing my sofa that is approx 4M from the speakers.
I believe Focal and most other speaker manufacturers would recommend placing off the wall but for me this is not a workable option but both have worked well for me backed up to the wall .
Im going to play at moving them closer to the wall shortly as that the only way they “might” not seem too big in my space. Mmmm should I move house !

If you read the Sonus Faber instructions, they are very specific that the speakers should be at least 1m from the back wall. Not only do you want to match them with a wholly inadequate source, it seems you want to position them in such as way as to severely compromise their performance. Would it not be more sensible to get speakers that not only match the rest of your equipment, but also will work optimally in your room?

They sound good for me I recon thats hit the spot without the need of instructions. However I will keep fishing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What could the manufacturers possibly know? What could other Forum members possibly know? Clearly you know best.