Nova 8ohm running 6ohm

I am seeking advice from anyone running a Uniti Nova with Q Acoustic Concept 50’s.

Specifically the Nova is rated at 8 ohm, and the Q50’s are rated at 6 ohms. I’ve looked for stats on the site and can’t find any information that helps.
TIA

Provided it’s not too reactive, a nominal 6 ohm impedance is just fine (quite normal and benign) I would say. The Q50s are quite sensitive and not too difficult to drive so the Nova should have no problems with them at all.

2 Likes

Just to add …… Naim publish the Nova at 80W into 8 ohms and 155W into 4 ohms, so has a good reserve headroom for the 6 ohm Q50’s.
Also an independent test by the US magazine Stereophile found the Nova delivered 103W into 8 ohms and 160W into 4 ohms.
The same magazine tested the Q50 and says …. “as long as the partnering amplifier is comfortable driving 4 ohms, the Concept 50 won’t present it with any drive problems”
Search “www Stereophile” for both test reports.

1 Like

Uniti Atom’s are often run with Neat Iotas, as I do myself. It’s a popular combination. The Neats are 6 ohms and not that sensitive, but I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem.

Roger

1 Like

Not a Nova, but my Star used to drive Dali speakers (all Dali is 6 ohm impedance, long as I know) with no issue whatsoever. Now it’s driving Sopra N.1.
So I think shouldn’t be any issue with Nova to 6 ohm.

1 Like

Note that loudspeaker impedances are “nominal” values. In reality, there’s very little difference between a speaker spec’d as 4 ohm, 6 ohm or 8 ohm - just overlay their impedance curves and you’ll be hard pressed to distinguish.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.