Nova Bookshelf Speaker Reco needed

New audiofile. Love my Atom and ease of use for streaming + vinyl. Running my old Martin Logan Motion 4’s and ready to step up. I’m trading the Atom for a Nova. My ‘listening room’ is small- approx. 12’ x 14’ and i’m not looking to play loud- just clear and want to hear every note- from Love Over Gold to Dark Side of the Moon to Miles and Brubeck.
Recommendations on speakers, cables…?

Current system:
Atom (upgrading to Nova shortly)
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (considering cartridge upgrade- Ortofon Stylus 2M Blue)
Cambridge Alva Duo Phono Preamp
Spyder RCA’s (nothing fancy)
Supplied power cords (should I upgrade)?
Sennheiser HDVD 800
Sennheiser HD 800S Phones

Ophidian Mojo
Which hat Phantom
Rega P8

A very strong contender.

Proac Tablette 10

How important is vinyl to you compared to streaming? If it’s a priority I would go for a turntable upgrade first. I would also consider an ND5XS2/NaitXS3 as an alternative to the Nova at a similar price.
Not that a speaker upgrade wouldn’t be worthwhile, but I would always start at the front.

If you are upgrading the Atom I’d suggest you consider an ND5XS2 and Nait XS3. It’s better than the Nova and has a good quality MM phono stage. I’d definitely look at a better turntable if you are serious about your records. As to speakers it’s important to listen to a few and decide. I like my little ProAcs but you may not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.