Nova setup issues

I thought I’d just give an update on progress. Hopefully this may help anyone else who is wrestling for control of their Nova (or Star or Atom). I tried the Clear Image Cache followed by Rebuild Database. After quite a protracted period of processing it returned to exactly the same state as it was before. Alanis Morrisette still looked like Adele - Sting still looked like Eva Cassidy etc.

I then went away for a few days so switched everything off at the mains. Upon my return I fired everything back uo and - SHOCK HORROR - everything had disappeared from the server. There were no pictures, no albums, nothing! I could could still see the albums in the USB source - but no pictures. I tried all sorts of things to get back to the way it had been before I went away - but nothing seemed to work. I was lapsing into a deep depression when suddenly, just by chance I stumbled on the solution. I had been going through all the settings in the app when I tried switching OFF server mode. There followed another long period of processing when lo and behold - the server came back complete with all the pictures. The half dozen or so wrongly allocated pictures are still there but otherwise it’s all working well. Phew! What a relief!

I hope this helps anyone trying to do the same thing. I’ll let you know if I get the last few album covers sorted. Happy New Year everyone!

2 Likes

That’s very odd, the server mode should not have this effect.

As for the duplications, I continue to believe that it’s an app bug.

Indeed - I wasn’t really expecting it to work. I had just got to the stage of trying anything that seemed remotely possible. I certainly can’t explain it - I’m just happy that it’s working again!

I’m sure you’re right that the artwork thing is a bug. It’s a very minor issue so I’m sure I can live with it.

Many thanks to you and to everyone else who has helped me out during this whole setup process. Everything is now working almost entirely to my satisfaction AND the Nova is now pretty much burned in and stabilised. I’m a very happy bunny! :slightly_smiling_face::rabbit2:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.