Nova/ Stageline

I got the urge to go back to vinyl and thinking of adding a Rega 8 to the Nova, am I right it’s not straight forward connecting a stageline to it? Thank you

You can use a Stageline, but you’ll need a power supply such as a Hicap to power the Stageline and also a DIN4-5 interconnect cable to connect the Hicap to one of the DIN5 inputs on the Nova.

1 Like

Rega phono stages are very good, and if you are using a Rega cartridge they will generally be a good match, and no external power supply required.

2 Likes

If you want more SQ than the good value Rega Fono, and don’t want to stretch to a s/h Rega Aria, Hicap plus Stageline might be an option. However, another option is the excellent Dynavector P75 mk4 (not the earlier versions) -it’s a little gem.

2 Likes

How about a i supply?

1 Like

If you can find one, they haven’t been made for quite a while.

I’d get a Rega Fono or Aria. Both are a perfect match with Rega cartridges.

Answered on your other thread.

If you have a Rega cartridge, I think you would probably be happier with a Rega phonostage. With all else, imo the Stageline provides a rich and rhythmic sound from records.

1 Like

You can get a better phono stage than the i-Supply/Stageline for the money The Stageline only makes sense if you can power it from a Naim preamp or amp.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.