Nova streaming breakdowns

I have just bought a second-hand Nova. It worked fine for a week but now it stops streaming and freezes. I have to unplug it and then switch it back on. It works for a while and then the same thing happens again. It is not under warranty. Any ideas and if I want to send it to Naim how do I do that?

Contact your local Naim dealer for any servicing needs. Or indeed to troubleshoot your issue.

Try a factory reset and software update…

Are you streaming local files or from a streaming service? Could very well be your network/router or ISP and not the Nova itself

1 Like

Thank you. The Nova is in my garden room which is some way from the router. I will try it in the house and double up with a reset (the firmware is up to date)

… streaming Qobuz. Will check with local files. The app is not “seeing” the Nova and the on off light and volume switch are flashing/pulsating on and off every 2 seconds or so

yes try it in the house and connect directly to the router with a network cable as a test to rule out wifi funnies, not sure what the pulsating is indicative of but perhaps someone else can chime in

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.