Nova with Sopra No2?

How did you know? I’m waiting for my free Grand Utopia for starting this thread.

2 Likes

I heard the Kanta’s twice at shows and they sounded wonderful. (Both with Naim electronics). When an ex dem pair become available I did a home demo against the usual suspects and (PMC/Neat) and the Kanta’s worked really well in my room and I really like the 70’s styling - listening now on the end of a 552/300/NDS.

I was not that keen on the looks of the big Sopras so they never made my home demo cut.

Given the outlay a home dem of Nova/Kanta would be sensible and I would be very surprised if that didn’t hit the spot.

Gary

1 Like

Meant to add the Kanta is voiced differently to the Sopra - less “analytical”
So if you have a lively room (big windows / minimalistetc. then the Kanta may be the way to go v the Sopra.

Let’s not kid ourselves. In the great scheme of things,one thread in the “jungle” of the net ( forum) doesn’t generate suficiente sales.

We ( as members) sometimes tend to overvalue our importance

1 Like

You said similar about Sugden ANV 50 last year, please enlighten us, guess they are very different, yet both very good.
i’ve had SN2 & A21a Pro’s & Con’s on various speakers.

We’re perfectly content with the qualities of the amplifiers we stock at this level have to offer.

I hope you’ll get the opportunity to hear these amplifiers to see which one can do the trick for you.

How does everyone feel about Kanta 2 vs 3? Is it mostly more bass with the larger sub or there is improvement in other aspects?

I believe they recommend the 3 if you have a larger room. I never demonstrated the 3 as my room isn’t that big.

Gary

I recently deciding on the Sopra 2’s and I am patiently waiting for them to arrive. They will also be paired with Naim Nova which for me is an upgrade from the Atom. My interests are focused on a single box that streams. It is the whole reason I bought a Naim product. It has such a great interface and simplicity while delivery great sound. If the Nova disappoints, which I doubt, I will likely look to Hegel (have a H190 & LS50s in the other room) or something like the Krell K300i. I have no desire to go back to multiple boxes.

The reason I posted is the on-going commentary that the Kanta is better suited to the Nova without consideration for the actual sound preference between the Kanta and Sopra lines. For me, I didn’t like the high-end of the Kanta 2. It wasn’t as refined, and had a bit of sibilance that I don’t hear in the Sopra line. It is the same reason I nixed the Paradigm Persona 3F from my search. I thought I would deciding between the Sopra 1s & Kef Reference 1s, but neither one was a clear winner. While I really like the Sopra 1’s high-end and openness, I preferred the Kef’s more substantial midrange. Fortunately I was able to hear the larger Sopra’s and knew immediately that was the sound I wanted.

I personally think finding the right speaker that meets your needs and moves you is more important than conforming to system balance. I also recognize there may be a trade off for a single box solution like the Nova, but having an all in one solution is just too appealing for my household.

This is exactly why I went for the Nova. I was considering an Atom but thought I’d only wonder what the improvements would be like from an upgrade, so I just went for the top of the range and leave myself with nowhere to go, given my one-box requirements. Glad I did because I can now just enjoy music without the “What if …”.
Speakers … well that’s a different story.

I ended up with the Triangle Signature Alpha. The synergy with Nova is sublime. I had their Esprit Australe before. The sound signature is similar but improved in all aspects. My son says the veil has been lifted from Splatoon.

7 Likes

Sopra n2 are a fantastic speaker 250 or 300 excellent with streamer or cd player you will be very happy either way. They work best with some toe-in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.