Now for the running in

And what’s your preamp? Excuse my ignorance!

& what streamer replacing?

Naim 552

this is the end result of what was just going to be a speaker upgrade on my 272/XPS DR/250 DR setup - a step or few beyond what I started out looking at, but (a) my wife got into hifi too - and has a much more articulate view on what different things sound like than I could ever muster - and (b) I maybe won’t have upgradeitus for a millennia…

streamer was a 272, is now a dCS Rossini and clock. With special glass shelf, it just about fits on the Fraim…

should have made my dedicated in-wall ethernet connection longer though :slight_smile:

Did you win the pools?

would have been easier if I had done :grinning:

Excellent service from dealer with great ‘package’ price, plus newish kit to be sold on, plus a couple of good used purchases means that should I have to flog it all, I’ll not be too much out of pocket. And I have saved myself all that cost of the intermediate steps too :slight_smile: And a major chunk of challenging work at end of last year for which this is my treat…

2 Likes

Well, I’m listening to Miles Davis ‘Tribute to Jack Johnson’ on my 272/555DR and SL2s and it sounds very good.

And I raise my glass to you and Ms.xcentric for getting such a lovely system.

1 Like

Nice, great system but i would say that
Seeing more and more Rossini’s on the end off 552 / 500, think its fast becoming the go to for digital, and i can certainly see and hear why, enjoy.

2 Likes

Congratulations. A great looking full on single stack with xcentric style.

1 Like

to be fair, if you’re referring to the black/silver Fraim combo, that’s a dealer error (which he’s happy to correct), but I might just keep it :grinning:

I’m not sure who Pete and Bill are, but they are not very good at dusting.

I presume Bill is Bill Livingstone of Dynaudio, did a good 20 years or so at Linn.

1 Like

Bet those Dyns sound lush, congrats :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

Yes, they look stunning! Enjoy.

Pete from Acoustica in Chester, Bill Livingstone from Dynaudio - to be fair to the dusting team, given the room looked like this the day before, I think it’s a good result :rofl:

1 Like

Gosh! Must have burned the midnight oil to get that sorted by the next day :astonished:

Good Job.

I am very jealous of that ceiling height, a few panels on first reflection points ( don’t forget opposite speaker’s reflection) and you could well be in for a real treat. :+1:t3: ATB Peter

3 Likes

Is that another speaker behind the speaker?

Yes - if you look at the unfinished room photo above, you’ll see 3 holes for LCR speakers for the AV system.

See here for more info

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.