NPX 300 errors?

I tried multiple times earlier and today as well but no change still having the same issue. Unit gets directly ON after switching from the wall.

Time for an email to Naim Support I think………

Part of the issue is that the documentation does not clearly describe what to expect on power on, reset, etc., etc.

Good luck with finding some answers.

ATB, J

1 Like

What is your NPX 300 plugged into? I couldn’t make it out from your profile. Your NDX 2?

Yes it’s connected to the NDX2.

In that case, maybe standby doesn’t work for mixed classics?

AFAIK the NPX 300 communication link is via the Burndy cable, can’t recall which. So, if the NDX 2 does not support this, it’s unlikely that such control features as standby, etc. would work.

Just a thought.

ATB, J

Coding software for error handling is often the most difficult part. Normal execution is easy. Corner cases are hard.

Agreed, but that’s why it should be done/prioritised isn’t it?

ATB, J

I think Steve said something along these lines some time ago, about the power on/standby/off automation only working with the NC kit, not mixed systems.

1 Like

Or they did, and the OP has encountered some unforeseen corner case. Do the NC have a facility for firmware updates?

NC’s are capable of over-the-air software updates, but only for 222 and 333 (streamer) devices I believe. Other NC devices have a USB-C update port but, according to @110dB , this must currently be carried out by the factory or an appropriately equipped service centre.

To date no software updates have been issued, other than for the ‘balance’ problem with some early 300 Series units………?

Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

ATB, J

I was just curious about it. If some of the features are software [firmware] driven I would expect the logic could be updated to address bugs, etc. I have 252/300 so it’s irrelevant to my gear (except NDX2 that gets network updates).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.