NPX 300 issue

@NeilS when the ndx2 switched off suddenly there was a weird noise from speakers and it was very instant as I was listening to music. How it can be checked as I do not have another cable to confirm. How the ndx2 can work with the blanking plug on and not without PSU, I thought the cabling inside would going to the circuits in parallel. I am no expert please support to know more on the issue, is there a possibility that the wire inside the burndy may have come loose or disconnected or there is a chance of melting down the solder due to heat?

He do not have the legacy bunrdy cable and expecting tomorrow nsc 222 which is in transit now, I will connect my NPX 300 to his nsc 222 to check whether it’s working normally or not.

1 Like

Update on the issue, today my friend received his new nsc 222 and I connected my NPX 300 it’s working fine as should work. Now the issue is either with the legacy burndy cables or the ndx2 connected with external PSU (working fine with internal PSU) is a mystery to be solved. I hope that the issue is with the cables as it will be easier to fix compared to the ndx2.

Maybe you could do a continuity check with a multimeter on the Burndy cable?

1 Like

Just a quick update on the issue, the replacement cable has arrived today and I am very pleased to inform that it’s working great, a big shout out to the naim support team as well the premium sound support team to resolve the issue in a very efficient way.

Tried the cable off shelf before putting together on rack.

9 Likes