NPX-300 Power Button Brightness

Looks like the ticket was closed before being looked at and Duncan has been in touch.

Iā€™ve been informed a firmware update should fix the issue.

Who told you specifically that this can be fixed with a firmware update?

This is such a ridiculous fumble by Naim which is why I asked Richard to bring it to their attention. Iā€™m still not sure why he refused.

• initially someone posted here that they were told itā€™s a software issue
  • then that same person came back and stated it wasnā€™t a software issue
  • then I was told by Duncan Roberts, after he checked with the software department, itā€™s a hardware issue and I had to sent my 332 in for repair (which I had to pay $150 in shipping costs and theyā€™ve had it for 2.5 weeks as of now with no update)
  • now someone is stating it can be fixed with a firmware update

There are 4 people between these two threads that have the issue. All of us are being told different things.

Sorry to hear about your issues, Maybe Naim are not fully aware of what is going on yet? I once owned Naim streamers as you know, I can not recall having any problems at all with any of them. I had UQ2,272,NDS and ND5XS2.
I now use Lumin, and one of the nice things with them is the Software engineer (Peter Lie) is very active on many forums, so any issues you may have, if you post about it, within the hour he usually PMā€™s you with a solution. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, after a firmware update, my P1 froze. He sent me a fix to download onto a USB stick with instructions.
Fixed by the next dayā€¦you canā€™t beat that service.:grin:

Where did I refuse? From what you explained you had contacted Naim and there was confusion, hence I recommended that the best course of action was for you take the matter up with your dealer. They may already be aware of it, or if not, they at least could then discuss it with their Naim rep who will have a far more direct line of communication with the factory than I. Otherwise, itā€™s a case of you reporting the issue to Naim support via support@naimaudio.com, and taking things from there. To get the best result here, thereā€™s a process that needs to be set in motion.

If the firmware is the issue on the NPX then it can only be updated by Naim.

It seems a little odd to me that more people havenā€™t reported the issue, there must be loads of people with NPXs that arenā€™t adjusting the brightness or maybe they arenā€™t bothered or havenā€™t noticed.

Who specifically told you the NPX needs a firmware update?

Iā€™m not even using an NPX currently. Itā€™s my NC250 that is brighter. Itā€™s the same with everyone. The preamp is dimmer than all the other connected components.

Duncan said this:-

ā€œIt looks like the update needs to be done by our service team, as there is no way for end users to facilitate the update themselves.ā€

ā€¦.and Duncan said this to me 2.5 weeks ago.

ā€œ It is not an issue I have previously heard about, hence my questions to establish exactly what was happening so that I could look further into it. I have done this by speaking to the service team, and it has been decided that this is unlikely to be software related, and is much more likely to be hardware related. As such, the NAC 332 will need to come in for us to have a look at.

The general thinking, at this stage, is that it is not a widely reported issue. In fact, there has only been one other report, most likely the person mentioned in the email thread, who has had this issue before. That does point more towards a hardware issue, as weā€™d expect more reports if it was on every unit.

Please arrange with your retailer for the 332 to come in, and weā€™ll get the issue corrected.ā€

So I was told it was hardware related and told to send my 332 for repair. You were told itā€™s a firmware issue. Two totally different things. He clearly hasnā€™t read these two threads thoroughly because there are 4 of us complaining of the same issue.