NSC 222 question?

Is it possible to place the NSC 222 into ‘deep’ standby by holding the power button for 3 seconds, as with the Atom HE? Can’t see any ref to this in the online guide.

Thanks,

ATB, J

Have you tried it!? :slight_smile:

Sorry, just wondered, do you want to know for sure before trying it on your own pride and joy? I totally understand that, I think I’d personally just give it a go… but then I do have a track record of breaking new things so mine isn’t the best example to follow :wink:

Indeed tried it, however, a bit like keyless car entry which ‘locks’ as you walk away, it a bit difficult to check as the car will unlock as you approach it to check :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

If I hold down the power button (~3secs) on the NSC 222, the 222 and 250 logos go off and a few relays click, but the 222 remains visible to the Naim app suggesting network standby rather than deep standby….

Hence the question.

ATB, J

1 Like

Obviously didn’t hold the power button long enough - three generous seconds and the 222 disappears from the app from the network standby state so assume now in deep standby.

If at first you don’t succeed……

ATB, J

1 Like

How much longer than a normal second is a generous one? :wink:

Glad it’s sorted, and good to know for anyone else searching the forum for this!

An extra elephant :elephant::joy:

ATB, J

4 Likes

I have the NSC 222 and 250 pairing showing up today! My question is what type of speaker cable do you guys use? ( I do have some NAC A5 4 meters on their way) and does this pairing come with the correct connectors (balanced) or do I need to buy a set of cables to make this work as well. At this price they should include everything! LOL :wink:

1 Like

You didn’t think to check with your dealer or even look on the Naim website then?

4 Likes

Well I guess what is in the box I am good to go then! :wink: I was unsure what was in the box, but thank you for clarifying! Naim is a different breed when it comes to connections that’s for sure. I did order NAC A5 speaker cable as stated, been a very long time since I have used Naim. Plus on their website the what’s in the box is not easy to find! I did finally find some helpful video’s under “discover more”.

You’ll find the user help guide at the bottom of the relevant product page, which of course is much easier if you know where to look.

As to speaker wires, the 4m pair of NACA5 are perfect. Ideally you’d use the two plugs that come with the 250 (in the box!) at the amplifier end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.