Oh Lord, please preserve me from an idiot!

And there was I laughing at this thread.

This morning my new box of cereal, which was on yesterday’s Tesco delivery was not in the cupboard. My wife, who was working in the study confirmed it definitely was delivered. I went back to look. Not there. So I started to look in other cupboards. We wife , hearing what I was doing, came in and I showed her the Cereal cupboard. She then said " what’s this"?.
It was on the Kitchen table, I had already got it out. Worrying!!!

6 Likes

Do similar all the time, if you look back you were probably doing it automatically and thinking about something else

Several times I’ve gone out for a dinner. Come home, and immediately asked my wife “what shall we have for dinner?”

2 Likes

Love it!
I have company :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a good friend who lives on the outskirts of a small market town, about a mile and a half from the centre.
He has admitted to:

1. Driving into town, walking home, and then flapping as his car has been stolen.
  2. Driving into town and then spending a couple of hours looking for his car as he couldn’t remember where he had parked it.
  3. Stopping at the petrol station about 300yrds from his home. Then walking home and then later in the day going into stolen car routine.

There is probably more!!

1 Like

A few weeks ago I was in the supermarket carpark trying to open the doors to my car as I walked towards it. 3 tries all failed. I was trying to remember how to change the battery in the remote when suddenly the car lights flashed without me touching the button. As a woman opened the car door and got in I realised that my British Racing Green 5 door MINI was parked two bays further along and I’d been looking at the wrong car.

4 Likes

The time to worry is when you can’t remember the first meal.

Done that, even tried to open the door - before I found it was someone else’s car

And that’s my excuse

Your honour

1 Like

A similar thing happened several decades ago. I had just changed my Blue Rover 2000 to a Brown Rover 3500 (same shape, but the later “mark 2” version). A week later I’d left it in a car park while I went to a concert. Came back to the car park, walked up to “my car”, unlocked the door (with a key…no remotes in ye Olden Dayes) and sat in it.

There was something wrong but I couldn’t place it - the dashboard did not look right. It finally filtered through that my new Rover speedometer had a round dial, and I was looking at a “ribbon” speedo, just like my old Rover. The clincher was when I looked down at the steering wheel which had “2000” across it in large friendly letters!

Oops.

And this was in the days when I still had a full complement of brain cells.

3 Likes

Put the kettle on to boil filtered water for the lower chamber of my moka pot coffee maker this morning. Waited for it to boil. It having done so, I then proceeded to fill the moka’s lower chamber with cold water from kitchen tap.

I’m told my face was a picture.

1 Like

Hey Gramps - do you use bamboo styli, or have you moved onto steel yet?

2 Likes

Thorns off the nearest Hawthorn bush actually…doesn’t everybody?
Cheeky bugger! :laughing:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.