Old 252, DR or complete swap?

:joy: Such a nice car indeed

1 Like

Hi guys…
Exactly the same I’ve got an old 252 and SC and I can find it a bit bright at higher volumes… The TPPS and gaia IIs have helped, but I think this has convinced me to go DR…

What is tpps?

I see that there is a tpps website in India for a company that makes full-size power plants :smiley:
But I believe in his case it’s a cuddly toy we may not talk about.

1 Like

I don’t think you can mention them on the forum :joy:
Rhymes with beddynardo

1 Like

Aah, thought maybe it was a tweak of some kind, feets, cables or so. Then I might have considered it, but i like my boxes :slight_smile:

But in you case, could it be the bowers? I have found that brand a bit sharp in the top earlier but not heard your paricual model. How does the 300 drive them? Do you think it could handle a 803 or 802 (dont remember the next step)

To be honest I don’t really know? It sounds a bit sharp at higher volumes but I rarely play it above a 1/4 volume so not that bothered…

I tried the 805 D3s and found them to be a little bit lacking…
also (and I know this is bad, but had to do a bit of give and take)

The misses wanted them as they ‘looked the best’ and to be honest for the money I agree… got them for 5k SH and they sent white ones by mistake. so the shop sent brand new black ones to say sorry with a full warranty!

Which was nice

Ps I couldn’t get the 802 or 803s…
they are just far too big for my room

The 804 is definetly the best looking of them. Really proportional and perfect for any living room I would say. Always wanted to demo them. Really nice deal you got!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.