Old cd player

So I’ve dragged another out of the attic from those boxes the wife says are unnecessary…sounds good
What do you have lurking…drag it out let’s pkay

1 Like

Quality

2 Likes

I still have one of these in the attic. Fed by a Rega 3 and then an LP12 for probably 10 years. Sounded great. Not sure I’m going to unplug current stuff though.

4 Likes

Had the pre amp version as part of a Nytech ARC 202 active system.

1 Like

Go on be a devil

After all what’s a sugar hiccup

2 Likes

I have a Marantz CD10 that still works and sounds good and it did get some use when the wifi side of my ISP router was not working a while back. A pair of Ela speakers. A Meridian 104 tuner. I think that is all of it now.
I gave away a unitilite about a year ago, to a friend’s daughter and sold the hi-cap and 140 are year or so before that.

Would make a great little second or third system with a Wiim streamer and speakers.

1 Like

Not from the attic.
These two CD players are old and they lurk in my system all the time. The Meridian 206B is from about 1990. My Audio Note AN CD2 I bought in 1998, (NOS DAC and valve output stage). That is 60 years life between them? Both still sound really excellent. The AN is the main player.

4 Likes

Mission PCM 4000 owned from new 38 years ago still sounds sublime. Still on original Philips mechanism well made in those days :wink::wink:

8 Likes

Nothing now. I sold all my attic HiFi bits from the 80’s during Covid days, and got enough to buy a few centimetres of cable :thinking:

Marantz cd273se our first cd player 1985, still in use.

3 Likes