Old Naim product Service problems

There are usually provisions for returning for service so neither the customer or manufacturer are hit by customs/taxes. But the rules vary and without the original importer it can be hard to prove the product is a legit import that was taxed on import etc.

3 Likes

I wonder how much it may cost shipping a 52 and 3x 135 from South Korea to US Av options. 200/300 dollars, more ?

I calculated the shipping cost on the post office website. About $220 per box to US. Return shipping costs are expected to be the same.
Round-trip shipping for 8 boxes is approximately $3,600. (excluding tax)

It’s a lot, I agree.

Why not try countries that are closer? Seems as though almost every country in your part of the world sells Naim.

I think that’s what toto71 is asking. Does anyone know anywhere closer to S Korea, than Canada or Europe, for a service?

Does anyone know if:

“Radar Audio Co - Distributor
Sales, Service and Support
Room 3504-5, 35th Floor, Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong World Trade Centre, 280”

Is a viable option? Straight off the Naim website, but I’m very sorry that I don’t know if, for any reason, they are not an option here.

It wasn’t individually obvious from the Japanese Naim contact details that they offered service.

I know the forum has been on this topic a couple of times, so apologies if neither the HK or JP distributors offer the service the OP requires. And double apologies if you’ve already looked into them @toto71. Given you’ve been a Naim devotee for close on 30 years, I hope you find a sensibly priced solution.

1 Like

Can you get a quote for a pallet rather than individual boxes?

1 Like

Unfortunately, my country post office does not ship on pallets.

There are global delivery companies that may do pallets.

Must be the unluckiest person in the world.

I think Naim needs to take action against members who continuously post articles that against the forum rules.

1 Like

You are free to report the post to a moderator or just add them to ignore list.

1 Like

What makes you think that naim ( or the mods to be more specific) don’t?
There are plenty on here that have been placed on the naughty step, it’s just not obvious to the rest of the forum. Any " coaching" is undertaken privately.

2 Likes

I have only been sent to the naughty step once by Richard. Badge of honour surely :wink:

1 Like

It’s not at all clear to me that my comment about someone being the unluckiest person in the world breaches any Forum rules.

I suppose it could possibly be considered borderline “ad hominem”, but I guess it depends on whether it’s directed toward someone in particular or not. It’s unclear, and perhaps you are referring to yourself? However, it does seem somewhat off-topic, and I would instead suggest that anyone who takes any issue with any posts here flag them up to me using the flag tool rather than derail the thread any further. Thanks.

By way of a suggestion for the OP.

Shipping multiple units across various international borders will always be problematic and costly.

The actual process of ‘servicing’ is not that challenging for a suitably qualified and experienced technician. Using the optimum parts may well be a concern. If the OP hasn’t been able to source such parts, then perhaps contact an authorised Naim repair centre (like Class A in the UK) and ask them to provide a quotation for a kit of parts, if they’re willing to send internationally/

I very much doubt that Darran ‘Class A’ would resell Naim supplied service kits under any circumstances! :open_mouth:

I’ve seen examples of poor third-party servicing where they (shop in Nelson) butchered a NAP250. There are pics on the forum somewhere and it’s not pretty.

I’m not saying it can’t be done but one needs to tread carefully.

1 Like

I think he mainly replaces drive belts on old tape decks.

The fact is there is no benefit going “off piste” with Naim gear. Only pitfalls. The OP needs to either take the hit on shipping, live with unserviced kit or move on from Naim. I can’t see any other alternatives.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.