Old skool ravers thread

Finitribe from '92 getting a spin :yum:

1 Like

Enough of that modern stuff, this one is 1989!

3 Likes

Been listening to some Sun Electric of late …

1 Like

SoundCloud is a must for us old ravers. All the old dj sets are there from all the big raves over the years.

Atb
Kk

2 Likes

Digby’s ??

I honestly can’t remember. :man_shrugging:

Full Circle, Sundays, somewhere near Datchet?!

Rave awakening circa 1995 in Bristol - still going strong as an old(er) raver up in Yorkshire!

3 Likes

I’m not sure old school ravers and going down memory lane are happy bed fellows as I suspect memories are pretty muddled!

The Cambridge scene legal and illegal was a good time!

1 Like

“The Cambridge scene legal and illegal was a good time!”

Kite high. Proper stuff. Eclipse. Bar Hill car park.
One time we thought an illegal warehouse had great podiums to dance on.
Come the light of morning the warehouse was an abandoned chicken shed with piles of dead chickens.
Everyone had black around their face and nose.
I doubt that would have passed environmental health standards… :innocent::face_vomiting:

1 Like

At End of the Road on Sunday last I went to a DJ set by Floating Points (aka Sam Shepherd). Lasted 75 mins and took me right back to clubbing days with everyone dancing like loons

1 Like

Brilliant time of my life. Nights at rain dance, high society, billion dollar babes. All types of people brought together.

1 Like

The days of proper stuff, I remember meeting Les Merani a few times, quite a character!

I also remember tearing around Cambridge and loosing the convey and having to stop, wind down the windows to see if we could hear which way the bass was coming from - no mobile phones in those days!
Gary

1 Like