Olive Hi Cap fuse

Evening everybody.

My olive HiCap has blown its fuse…does any one know what the correct replacement is?

Many thanks

Clive

Hi Clive,

Unusual for a Hicap to pop a fuse, so please be careful to fit the correct rating in case it has a genuine fault.
The rating depends on the transformer type fitted - 230/240V for a H+F should be 4A & Nuvotem should be 5A (115/120V will be 8A & 10A respectively). This will be written on the rear label, so check carefully.
Fuse type for both transformers is: 5x20mm, Antisurge (T), LBC, 213 Series manufactured by Littlefuse.

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Many thanks Neil

There’s a green label on the rear panel marked 240V and the fuse that blew was marked T4AL250V. Do I need the specific make of fuse that you suggest or would any T4AL250V fuse do?

Many thanks

Clive

Hi Clive,

The specific make is far more important with the XPS power supply, so you’ll probably be ok with a generic brand for your Hicap.
Just don’t be tempted to go any higher with the 4A rating, & make sure it’s “T” rated.

Regards
Neil.

I will definitely heed your advice…thanks.

Clive

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.