Olive series help

As mentioned above, you can contact Darran at Class A, an authorised Naim service outlet and he can very probably supply the phono boards, serviced to Naim spec for you.

3 Likes

The Bias 2 is very much current. Itā€™s less tall than the Carbon, hence the need to change to the thicker wool mat. The Performance Pack may not be sold as such but it can easily to made up by the dealer with cartridge, mat and belt. It makes a big difference to the P2.

Excellent photos. The problem is getting the 5 series Phono Boards on, or off the white plastic pillars - which I found to be a very tight fit. A bit scary, if you have not done it before.

Sort of OK getting them off, but definitely worrying getting them to fully engage, when going on. Relieved once done & all working.

If you can delegate this task to someone who has done it before, I wouldā€¦ :thinking:

I really would suggest you take the amp to a naim dealer, and take it from there.
Its very easy to bugger a few things up if you donā€™t know what to do.
You dealer can advise on a way forward.

Hi

Yes we have just moved in to the house next to the pub, apparently the pub closed about 10 years ago, itā€™s now rented out as a houseā€¦shame

1 Like

Thank you Mr tibbs very thorough, but I still think itā€™s a sub contract job.

I will get hold of this Darren at class A, see what he says.

Regards all

Peter

Bias no longer on Rega website
Guess they realized its more profitable doing MCā€™s and buying in bundled Audio Technica 3600 branding them Carbon.
Neither Bias or Elys are very popular and for a reason.

Do you know if the preamp has been serviced within the past ten years? If Darren has some MM boards it would be best if you get him to check and if needed service the preamp, plus fit the boards while heā€™s at it.

Stubborn pillars sometimes need a squeeze with needle nosed pliers just below the tip, where the little ā€˜kneesā€™ are.

1 Like

:point_up:This.

You are quite right, itā€™s gone. I suppose there is little point in making an Ā£83 cartridge and one for Ā£125.

I would suggest the phono boards as others have said. Also I would suggest taking the case off as Mr Tibbs photos show really clearly how to do it. After having a look inside it may seem more simple than it is appearing atm. If you have second thoughts case can go back on very easily. Instead of using needle nose pliers to remove cards, as Mr Tibbs suggested I use a small raw plug, slid it over the top, this squeezes the fitting together and card pops off easily. But of course you are not taking it off but putting it on! It may seem daunting but there are others on here to help out if needed. The hardest part of the job is taking the case off, doing what Mr Tibbs shows should take lots less than 5 min, including putting the kettle on :slight_smile:

That would be about right ā€¦ there was a well in pub bar, which was always a topic of conversation.
Welcome to Gloucestershire, if this is your first house here.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.