Onkyo files for bankruptcy

I suppose that this sad news might send some members down memory lane:

2 Likes

This is really sad, I’ve never owned any of their stuff but they’ve been around a long time and made some very good products.

1 Like

Own Pioneer too I believe. Pioneer name to disappear or have they pretty much gone already?

I think both Onkyo and Pioneer were sold to VOXX International last year. (And VOXX also own Magnat and Heco speakers as well as Klipsch I think, possibly others).
Cost only 25 million as well, apparently

Was an Onkyo integrated that started my journey. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Sad news. Onkyo were an interesting company and made some great kit. The PX-100M was an incredible turntable and one I’d love to try one day.

4 Likes

Ditto! My very first product was an Onkyo integrated as well

2 Likes

I had some of their stuff in the early 90s, however I only ever thought of their gear as a stepping stone to something better.

1 Like

I use 2 onkyo av amps txnr 5010 attached to my sopra 2 for av and i use my nac 552 for 2 chanel …n sumtimes i prefer the onkyo on direct for 2 chanel :loud_sound::notes::wink::wink:

1 Like

A shame, I actually had an Onkyo blu ray player -until recently (it’s much tidier now )

About two years ago, something happened to both Pioneer and Onkyo and they just stopped having functioning web sites Pioneer seem to have recovered somewhat, alas for Onkyo -not.

Pioneer seem to have re-appeared on the Richer Sounds website

My DP-X1, still going strong . . .

2 Likes

That’s sad.

1 Like

Such a shame, am sure many a member had an Onkyo AVR as their first proper 5.1 setup.

1 Like

No Pioneer are expanding into other areas

Onkyo disappearing, or Pioneer reappearing??
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Sad times, so is the fickle consumer electronics business. Like many Onkyo was my journey into a proper AV system.

I’d guess 90% of my listening occurs in my kitchen where an Onkyo mini system has perched on top of a fridge with Wharfdale Diamond speakers for far too many years. The DAB radio is the last remaining source still working and it owes me nothing! Sad to hear of Onkyo’s demise.

Peter

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.