Opinions on Neat SX1

Hello everyone

My current system is:

Sources:
1- Audirvana on MM via USB on Dac V1
2- Rega P6 with Exact2 on Stageline N

the rest of the system is: 282 (powered by 1 HC DR) - 200 - NacA5

I would like to buy Neat SX1 but I don’t have the chance to do demos … any advice?

I’d like to hear someone’s experience on the forum …

thanks in advance

Regards

I have these speakers and i think they are a fantastic option for the price point.
I listened to a number of brands and i chose these. I have been very happy with them.

I’ve had mine for a couple of years and I’ve been extremely happy with the performance. I often toy with the idea of replacing electronics but I never consider replacing the SX1s because they sound excellent IMO.

Be aware though that the bass response is not what you’d expect from a speaker this small (relatively small for a floor standing speaker). I am using them in a fairly large room but I can see how they might produce too much bass in a smaller room because it’s like having dual subwoofers. Using the test tones from Spotify / Tidal I get a proper response all the way down to 30Hz. The bass is tuneful and lightning fast with no overhang.

In general naim & Neat are an excellent combination.

1 Like

Fantastic speakers – sounded great at dealer demo, but didn’t work in our lounge… :slightly_frowning_face: The down-firing bass created an unbearable boom. It don’t know whether our suspended floor is to blame, or maybe the SX1 just need quite a bit of space… So personally, I would hesitate buying them without demo at home…

T

I have a pair in one system and they are good speakers, great value as well. Agree about what you place them on, originally had them on a suspended wooden floor and moved them onto a slate hearth which the down firing bass port much prefers, they don’t particularly need a lot of space from the wall. If you are in the UK I would suggest you shop around, list is about £2100 and you can pick them up for £1500 in a few retailers.

Hi.
I have SX2 in a more humble system… The tweeter on this range is the star of the show, it is where a lot of other speakers fall down, IMHO. If you have a medium to largish room, the SX1. If you have a small to medium room then SX2. I don’t think you will find much fault. I ran Credos for many years, passive & active, and it was always the treble that grated me, not so with the Motives.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.