Oppo 4K Player Update

Good old Oppo. It was a sad day when they decided to stop manufacturing disc players but, as in the past, they’ve continued to offer superb support for all their previous products.

They’ve just announced an update for the 203/205 4K players for users in the USA, but this will shortly be available for those of us elsewhere in the World. Nothing major, just pass-through for Dolby Vision plus some bug fixes.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up, Tony. I’ll keep an eye out for that for my 203.

Mike

Cool shall do

Just been playing a beautifully sounding album via Roon, thought it was going to my Nova but was actually going to the 205’s RAAT engine…

What’s a RAAT engine @Alley_Cat?

Basically the software that allows Roon integration on an output device:

Roon Advanced Audio Transport

https://kb.roonlabs.com/RAAT

Hence, your Oppo should be a Roon endpoint.

Just noticed UK site is down which is frustrating as not installed new firmware just yet as have been away for a few days. Grrrr.

What Oppo have you got @Crispy? My 205 installs new firmware over the wifi…

I have a 203 and although connected through wired network it simply states the firmware is up to date.

The website is back up so all sorted now. Quite interesting that the Oppo can now take normal HDR and output as Dolby Vision.

This site seems down for me:

https://www.oppodigital.co.uk

Mine updated the firmware over the home wi-fi when I switched it on yesterday.

What’s the current firmware? Did my 205 a week or so ago over wi-fi, but I think there was a beta on the official site back then.

It’ll be a shame if this site goes down permanently though as it used to handy for electronic documents/images etc, and perhaps more importantly it might herald loss of any future support/firmware development.

This is still up:

(Hope posting links is ok as these devices are discontinued).

Looks like 20XEU-65-0131 @Alley_Cat

Cheers.

I have the following contact details from previous correspondence.

OPPO Digital UK Ltd

42 Hellesdon Park Road

Norwich

NR6 5DR

UK: 0345 060 9395

EU: 0044 1603 402240

Email: service@oppodigital.co.uk

I did email them a couple of days ago but no reply. The US service people did reply but rather unhelpfully would not provide a head office contact. Sad as service used to be amazing.

1 Like

My Oppo 203 prompted me to download the firmware update, as specified by @TheKevster above, this morning. It was worked quickly and smoothly :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.