Ordering wait time

I can’t speak for our retailers and distributors, of course - they have their own customer relationships.

As noted many times on this thread, some retailers/distributors order for stock, not just as they receive an order - that may mean they’re in the position to provide products faster.

There are numerous other factors involved - production set-up; shipping schedules; parts availability (including for different-voltage designs) - that add to the complexity, too.

We always aim to make things as fair and equitable as possible - it’s never forgotten that every back order represents someone patiently waiting for a Naim product.

2 Likes

A bit off topic, but my wife wants a new iPad for Christmas, luckily i ordered this week as the delivery is expected in 6 weeks time. Back in the day Apple dispatched these next day, so not just Naim.

1 Like

If proof were needed of supply chain issues!

Also my dealer does not have yet a reliable delivery date for my 300DR, ordered in mid of August, it was scheduled in six weeks :disappointed_relieved:

What model was it? I ordered a IPAD pro last week and had the option for home delivery in 3 days or collect from store same day ( i was expecting a longer lead time as I was when i ordered a chrome book for my son for Christmas, 3 days from John Lewis)

Just the basic 9 th generation……ordered from Apple.

You will forget about the wait once it arrives its a fantastic amp i have one myself.

1 Like

Thank you Hawkmoon but I can’t wait :rofl: !!!

We too ordered a 300 DR in August on a 6 week delivery. Our dealer can’t get a production date or therefore a delivery date either. I understood dealers were to get improved information about delivery timescales going forward. I read another forum member was told 8 weeks delivery for a 300 DR more recently. I think we all understand the difficulties at present but as a customer, it still feels that we are completely in the dark.

1 Like

Supply chain delays - It’s definitely effecting everything, Mrs Pete and I went out for dinner last Friday (big deal after 109 days of lockdown). We had to wait well over an hour for the main course, apparently there’s even a shortage of wait staff. :grin:

3 Likes

Hope so too - thanks for the info!

I was thinking of buying a new VW product (one of two cars from the Skoda production line ) and I understand they have many uncompleted vehicles awaiting finishing

This is now mid Autumn and they are talking about a Spring delivery date

I ordered a brand new Naim product in September , delivered in October - no micro chips .

In addition to the supply problems with micro-chips I am having problems with plumbing equipment (bathroom - not my own) and of all things glass for a new framed photo.

NAP 300 DR is in limited production due to component shortages - but completed units are leaving Salisbury, and we expect to fulfill the majority of back orders this side of Christmas. You should be high up in queue if you ordered in August.

1 Like

Hi @Naim.Marketing. Are 555PS in the 500 series finish likely to be delayed?

Not delayed - they are in production - but very popular. Again, how soon you get one would depend on if your dealer has ordered for stock.
If they have not, it’ll likely be start of next year - but that’s not too far away now!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, Clare. Expectations managed accordingly and I’ll get loads of Christmas wrapping paper ready!

As ever, there are the usual caveats we have to add in a crazy world - we are doing our best, but if third parties let us down or the COVID nightmare throws up another nasty surprise…

1 Like

Thank you Clare, I also ordere my 300DR in August. I cross my finger waiting for it. I hope to receive it by November :wink:

1 Like

Just put in an order for XPS DR and was told shipping out should be by 3rd week of Jan 2022

2 Likes

Perhaps if they got some of them out of storage, it would ease the delays. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Roger

3 Likes