Outdoor Summer HiFi

Of course. Just meant to say they are not mono in response to “not stereo”

Hi Chris, I’m still hoping for Naim to allow stereo pairing! Ahem… @Naim.Marketing

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion Ebor, however as noted I already have a pair of Bluetooth speakers that are fine as they go, I want to move toward more HiFi sound and without Bluetooth.

1 Like

Sorry, @0.0 , my bad. Shouldn’t post to threads that I’ve only skim-read!

Mark

There’s a lot of redundancy in two Musos as a stereo pair, and they would cost as much as an Atom (without speakers, of course.) If you really want HiFi sound I would be looking at a pair of outdoor speakers with a streamer located indoors.

How about a classic boombox and a section of tapes or an Alexa plugged into the aux in

1 Like

Or something a little more retro

1 Like

That’s a very good point.
Perhaps HiFi (ish) rather than audiophile.

No Prob, all thoughts very much appreciated.

Yes, I hadn’t considered the redundancy issues. However they are designed to be used in multiple rooms within the same household so a certain amount of redundancy is par for the the course here. Perhaps it’s time for a new speaker type from Naim.

It all looks a little retro to be honest. I think I may have had the item in the 2nd image myself at some point in the 90s. I was hoping for something to integrate into my Naim setup, guess I’m reaching.

Maybe this is an option?

LS50 Wireless II is more than a high-performance loudspeaker; it’s the perfect all-in-one speaker system, streaming from any source thanks to wireless compatibility with AirPlay 2, Chromecast and more, plus wired connections for your TV, games console and turntable. Great sound, no strings attached.

Or even the smaller…

The convenience and connectivity of wireless. The emotion and detail of true high-resolution stereo. And all from a compact system designed to fit almost anywhere. Kef LSX is the speaker system for the way we listen today.

Anyone tried either of those speakers?

The only thing that will integrate into your main system would be another Naim streamer using multiroom. I don’t think that will reflect the quality of your ND555, rather I think you would be better off using whatever digital material you use for the main system direct into whatever streamer you choose for your outdoor setup.

Of course, another option is to use your ND555 via an analogue output from your preamp into a second amp. This would only work if the cable run wasn’t too long, and is a less common thing now that multiroom streaming is commonplace.

That’s what I suggested above. Also see my post re: using the Naim QB as a stereo pair, which is possible as long as your source supports Chromecast.

Hi n-lot, I’m sorry I’m seem to have skipped over your post, all the more embarrassing as we seem to be like minded on this matter. No budget really, just after some good garden sounds. I think the Kef speakers accept Ethernet as a wired option which could run from my Naim systems rather underused English Electric Ethernet switch. This would be ideal as there would be high bandwidth tracks available without dropout.

1 Like

How about the Dali Zensor 1 AX with analogue input.

You could get a used Uniti Qute that will mulitroom wirelessly and connect it to a pair of suitable speakers.

Also watch the Naim product launch next week.,