Over 3 months for replacement Superline E?

For I`m going to change my cart (the new with 0,56 mV output) I need the Superline E version - auditioned one, and even with my old cart (0,5mV output) the lower gain version sounded better (as Richard Dane always said, and right he was!).
After three months one channel went dead, and my dealer ordered a new one in mid-Oktober 2020.
So, now I’m still waiting without even a date of delivery. My dealer is trying his best, but also get no date or answer from the German Distributor other, than they hope it’s in the shipment arriving in Hamburg…Since several weeks this very same answer.
I hesitated long if I should post this on the forum, but neither me, nor my dealer know what is going on and why we don’t even get a date from Naim when to expect a replacement after a failing Superline…
Maybe someone from Naim can see this…and help.

Thanks,
Regards,

Jodl

The forum isn’t routinely monitored by naim, so they wont see it. The unit you are after will be built to order, unlikely to be built to stock. It is possible they are waiting on parts or some other covid related issue. Your dealer/distributor (musicline?) can call up and ask, the order should be in the erp system.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane might be able to assist.

Probably I have not been clear on this: The Superline E should be built to order, and there are several good reasons why production can be pending these days. I even have not my new cart yet, so no problem.
Ihm just wondering why communication is so difficult at the moment. My dealer gets no estimated delivery date and the German importer is saying they get shipments without paperwork and have to go through the parcels to see what is delivered…

So maybe I can get some info here, that’s all I was trying…

Regards,

Jodl, the current Covid situation, with the attendant lockdowns and people working from home, has meant that demand is particularly high for products but, due to supply restrictions on certain parts, and necessary distancing within the factory, there are even greater challenges on being able to build them. The comms side is made difficult I imagine because most of the office staff are working for home rather than the factory.

I’ll message you further and we’ll see what we can find out for you.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane,
Thank you so much your efforts!

The E version is actually so much more satisfying with these slightly higher output MCs - First, I dientet believe it, for it sounded mighty fine with the standard Superline. With the E Version micro-details are coming through, resulting in a more real sound-reproduction!
So I only can encourage to try this if your MC cart falls in this category!

Regards,

Jodl

1 Like

Musicline now trades under the nam Focal Naim Deutschland.

Yeah I knew that, difficult to unforget musicline as thats their id in the erp system.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.