Paul Weller '66' New LP

1 Like

I’ve just ordered a lovely 7" box set with the excellent Peter Blake art work

1 Like

1 Like

First single from 66

1 Like

People who live in glass houses should drop the blinds before removing their trousers. :wink:

Second record from Paul’s new album I have this on 7" from a year or so ago recorded with
Monks Road Special great record this album version was recorded at Abbey Rd I believe.

1 Like

Really interesting interview with Sir Peter Blake designer of Paul’s new record sleeve ‘66’ like many people I knew of Peter Blake’s work before I knew who he was probably my first real interaction with his art was The Who’s - Faces Dances terrible record incredible cover.

Of course his most famous cover has to be Sgt Peppers but other covers for Ian Dury, Oasis, Eric Clapton and of course Paul Weller’s Stanley Rd are all iconic in my view a great artist who bridge the gap between art and popular music.

2 Likes

Pallant House Gallery in Chichester has quite a few works by Peter Blake. It’s well worth a visit.

2 Likes

People who live in glass houses should draw the blinds before they drop their trousers.

Mike I’m afraid I’m just a simple bricklayer and your post, humorous as it may be has shot straight over my head and into the stratosphere.

1 Like

Saw this thread and was reminded I haven’t listened to this for a while.

Now corrected. I think this must be my most enjoyable recording of his.

1 Like

Excellent record I was lucky enough to see Paul during this solo, acoustic tour at Fairfield Hall, Croydon and by a strange coincidence Steve Ellis of 60’s band Love Affair who lived a few doors down from us when we where growing up in a very humble council house came onstage to sing Everlasting Love.

Steve’s son Louie worked for my Dad on building sites when he was home from Uni so it was a very strange coincidence to see Steve who never spoke of his friendship with Paul walk on stage that night.

2 Likes

The Cure’s bass player’s response to Weller’s boorish comments about Robert Smith.

(attrib: Spike Milligan)

Oh ok now that makes sense I think both Robert Smith and Weller are both exceptionally talented and boringly egotistical.

3rd release from Paul’s new record 66.

66 dropping tomorrow, can’t wait!

1 Like

Really like it.

Best work since True Meanings.

Worth the wait.

2 Likes

I’ve got the 7" box set and black vinyl LP not had chance to listen yet but the tunes I’ve heard are excellent.

1 Like

After several listens both of the standard vinyl LP and the Tidal stream which sounds excellent I feel sufficiently qualified to offer an admittedly slightly biased opinion.

As a whole it’s an excellent recording and hangs together perfectly as an album and sounds like a Paul Weller album which is a bit surprising as there are lots of guest musicians and lyricists.

Paul has gone back to basics with some of the musicians Max Beasley who played with Paul before he found fame as an actor around the time of the Paul Weller Movement and the first solo record plays on the opening track ‘Ship of Fools’ co written with Suggs.

Also featuring right across the record is flautist and Sax player Jako Peake who played on Pauls first solo record and also on those early tours.

1 Like
2 Likes