Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Exactly ! I’ve had them for 3 years now, I only tried to remove them once and it felt like I had other speakers. reassembled immediately and never taken off again.

Chateau Montifaud, great gift….!

1 Like

snap - i was there thursday!

1 Like

Did you enjoy it?

Very much so! Jim still had a strong voice and got the crowd involved . O2 not quite sold out but close.

2 Likes

delAmitri are still together and touring? my word. I’m old.

:edited to say I’m not where it’s at.

I’ll get my coat.

3 Likes

Still going, had a new album out a couple of years ago. this pic was from their support slot for the current Simple Minds tour. Justin has recently announced he has parkinsons and while the tremors where noticeable, it has not impacted his performance.

1 Like

Been awhile since I listened to this

2 Likes

I added 2 Reel T9 to the system and got some color on the wall.Im happy now.

27 Likes

40 Likes

Not much to see, equipment is at the back of the room. Sounds lovely despite all the comprises I’ve made to have a listening room.

22 Likes

How does the Solstice compare with streaming sound wise?

G

1 Like

The sound of the Solstice is warmer. In general I prefer the sound of vinyl, but I have to say that the 333 is a very good streamer.

3 Likes

Thanks. NPX preferred on 332?

G

Yes, I have the 300 connected to the 332

2 Likes

The Stranglers at the Royal Albert Hall. Grand Tier box. Bizarre! Good though.

17 Likes

Saw them around ‘85 in Aberdeen. Good to see they’re still hoofing it on the circuit.

G

I recall seeing them in the late 70s at the Dunstable Queensway, now an Asda carpark.

DG…

4 Likes

Jeez, takes me back. Dunstable Cali or Stevenage Mecca were two of the go to places for bands such as Temptations, Supremes, Diana Ross etc. often arriving late, on for 10 mins and then on to their next venue.

This is such a lovely space and system! It seems very inviting and conducive to enjoying some good music. I am jealous now :sweat_smile:
I really like the non-intrusive sound treatment, it matches well with the speaker finish as well :wink:. I’m a big fan of Audiovector, even though I don’t have a pair myself (yet).

My only “worry” is if the NAP200 is enough for the speakers. I would imagine a NAP250DR (as the natural partner of 282) would step things up a notch or two. Of course if you have found the perfect balance in your system, better not to touch anything!