Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Olympica Nova - what a beauty! :smiley:

2 Likes

Chester last saturday.

9 Likes

Something like a 222 combined with the ATC 40 actives is a pretty stellar combination and very good value compared to other options. Personally I like the Naim sound and I find I get more of that with Naim power amps compared to the amps in the ATC 40 actives.

3 Likes

The TV / stereo furniture is not exactly a Naim Frame but I like. I built it from scratch myself, so I guess I’ll keep it.

I am thinking about switching the position of the streamer and the amp. I use system automation so the amp could very well go behind the hatch.

The NSS 333 is only two weeks old. I am hoping to upgrade the Supernait 3 to NAC 332 and, probably, NAP 250 in the future.

25 Likes

Nice!!! Happy upgrading !!

Agreed. Ex ATC SCM40 and SCM40A owner.

I hear you Philip.
I tested the NSC 222 with the SCM40a’s both at home and in my dealers demo suite and I just couldn’t settle with the lack of “Naimness” to the sound.
With Active’s you are putting your sound signature almost entirely in the hands of the Speaker manufacturer and for me ATC drift significantly far enough from the Naim sound that it just didn’t work for me…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

33 year old B&Ws still going strong

46 Likes

I just replaced my 805 Matrix last month.

Awesome speakers.

1 Like

Thanks @mr_christer ; they also sound beautiful
Iver

Just put the office system back together after a “DIY” weekend in here. Mac Mini Pro, Arcam IRDac and Ruark MR1 Mk2s. These really are wonderful little speakers and in combo with the Arcam DAC produce a pretty damn good sound.

16 Likes

Cambridge Arts Theatre for ‘The 39 Steps’ tonight😊

11 Likes

I saw the 39 steps at the Minack Theatre a few years ago - wonderful !
Still think the 1933 film with Robert Donat & Madelaine Carroll is hard to beat !? - enjoy

3 Likes

yeah. Early Hitchcock’s film.

1 Like

Yep, though I find the Robert Powell one to be decent bank holiday entertainment and a little under rated…

3 Likes

35 Likes

A bit of late night Sylvian with a Jamesons after an after work drink ( a rarity these days, sadly)

36 Likes

I do like the painting ( sorry for the thread :thread: drift)

2 Likes

What a gorgeous day…:sunglasses:

34 Likes

Curry night.

Kitchen system. Playing Supertramp, Indelibly Stamped

26 Likes