Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Sadly I’m fatally allergic to all forms of Opiates and my long term medical issues pretty much mean I’m only able to take Paracetamol.
Doing 2 recoveries from full open heart surgery with nothing but Paracetamol and the occasional Ibruprofen is no laughing matter I can assure you🫤

3 Likes

Youch! I find opiates seem to partially paralyse the bladder making peeling difficult but fortunately I am not allergic. That must be very tough for you.
Anyway the anti inflammatory meds are working well so I should not need the hillbilly heroin!

1 Like

Sat evening - Glastonbury Abbey - Keane

10 Likes

Sounding pretty good right now

30 Likes

Spotting your mid century furniture icons @IDAK. Your room is one of my favorites on the forum.

As a fellow mtb rider - ribs and collar bones are just cost of entry - send it!

2 Likes

@AltaMarshall
Thanks very much.
It’s my third biking fracture. At age 65 and 190lbs I don’t bounce as well when I come off the bike !

4 Likes

You old blokes in Lycra, you need to care of yourself.

2 Likes

That sounds incredibly painful, I remember the peritonitis where they made a deep and wide cut across my abdomen and the pain of a hay fever sneeze

4 Likes

All the best and I hope you are not in too much pain. Rib bridges can be painful and severely restrict your hearing. Because of age (64) and the highsider risk of mountain biking, I switched to road biking a few years ago. It’s also great fun and I love it… enjoy your naim system

2 Likes

@Wilfried Thankyou for your kind and wise words. I’m just going to stick to open fire roads. No more narrow downhill tracks for me.
Olympics and great music keep me happily occupied and I’m just loving the new source, a Linn Klimax streamer,

2 Likes

My little system that provides so much pleasure.

49 Likes

A little Mamod! I had a few of those in the 70’s.

Daz

2 Likes

Qacoustics work wonderful with Naim. We don’t see many of them on the forum.

4 Likes

listening to “the clean” atm i can assure you it’s a very intense moment in time running the 500 into sl2…….
system in another room, thought i’d take note of what JV seem to think was a good way for a setup.

18 Likes

what concerns me is your sock misalignment :joy:

2 Likes

I did wonder how long it would take for someone to notice it.

4 Likes

Not to worry, i’m 52 and still have a similar issue to my wife’s horror.

1 Like

Yes you are right we don’t see many QAcoustics products on the forum but heck they make great music with Naim Gear. Had my Concept 20 for nearly six years and all servicing of Naim Gear noticeable through these little marvels. Brilliant for small rooms like ours with very natural rendition of vocals and acoustic guitar. Whole system never fails to bring a tear on material like Mary Chapin Carpenter especially the acoustic One Night Lonely set.

3 Likes

54 Likes

Deciding where the tall person install should go for the Alabama 3

6 Likes