Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of The Moon, 50th Anniversary Box Set

And it sort of has been on CD, which is maybe what you meant…first set Crazy Diamond, Raving and Drooling and Gotta Be Crazy on Wish You Were Here Experience and Immersion Sets, second set Dark side on Immersion box set and now, and Echoes encore on The Early Years 1965-1972 Creation set. All marvellous stuff, albeit with the possible exception of Echoes which is maybe not the best version…

1 Like

Yep, totally agree

I’ve got the DSotM and WYWH Experience 2CD editions, DSotM Live 1974, and an, er, interesting flac of the other one…

Made up a “live album” from them. Two Hours ten minutes of pure magic, which on a good day - God and the South Circular willing - gets me from my home to daughter 2’s without repeats :laughing:

The SQ of DSotM Live 74, and indeed Animals, merely emphasises just what can be done with these half century old tapes.

And it’s such a shame that there seems to not be the same of the 1977 Animals tour. From bootlegs the extended versions of Pigs and Crazy Diamond second half would be something I would be very happy to pay for.

Wot…no Echoes??

Sacrilige! :rofl:

Yep Echoes was not on the 1977 tour. On the 74 tour encores but not a great version, but probably very enjoyable had you been there.

I haven’t bought the LP yet but the 24/96 version on Qobuz is outstanding

I was hesitating to buy the LP as the version on Qobuz has a 55 minute runtime that seems a bit too much for a single LP, but if you’re saying that in order to make it fit they’ve cut 10 minutes or so I’m far less likely to buy it now

It’s Wikiwotsit that’s saying there are cuts to the Live album, rather than me. No details given however, other than what I’ve reported.

Of course :slightly_smiling_face:
But I guess it seems likely cuts have been made to get the single LP to, I’m guessing, a 45 minute runtime (or thereabouts)

1 Like

There’s a really enthusiastic review of the vinyl issue of the live album on Dave Denyer’s YouTube channel, and he has a rather snazzy turntable (high end Clearaudio) that would reveal any shortcomings…

3 Likes

How was Time done…?

2 Likes

50th → nothing new under the sun… but the sun is eclipsed by the moon

3 Likes

Clearly I’ve been mad for years as I’ve had that ‘74 CD for years.

Mine has ‘Echoes’ as a last track too. Is that on this recent ‘reissue’?

G

1 Like

And to show there is no end to the mining of this particular gold mine

1 Like

Excellent. Ride that cash cow home!

I’m still hoping for a stand alone DSOTM remastered LP release.

Edit. Thanks to @frenchrooster for posting it on the Munich thread…

IMG_2261

4 Likes

The Dark Side of the Mooo’n.

G

3 Likes

Oh very good! :grin:

1 Like

Is that a real record deck, or just a ‘concept’, as the label suggests?

Not a hundred percent sure Graham, but I think Pro-Ject are going to release it. I’ll be giving it a wide swerve.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.