Plastic band on Snaic lead

I have a Snaic lead and I moved the plastic band off the label to see the label better but now can’t get the pesky plastic band back over the label.

Does anyone have any hints or tips? OR can it only be done using magic and witchcraft.

I accidentally moved the band when cleaning the SNAIC, it was awkward to get back and I wasn’t totally successful. :blush:

1 Like

The position of the plastic band over the label is critical. Get it wrong and the soundstage collapses, inky blacks become inky greys and the bass sounds dull. Suggest you return it to Naim for repair as they have the necessary expertise though Class A may also do it slightly cheaper.

2 Likes

Sorry I was just checking it wasn’t April 1st.

1 Like

You risk your number falling off…

1 Like

Hi, the number label on a snaic is to indicate who in pcb made it. Not sure you can get heatshrink that is big enough to pass over the plugs and then shrink enough to fit the cable width. An alternative would be to use clear tape.

Or maybe just not worry about it?!

2 Likes

Personally I would wait for the new one. xBand2 I believe. The previous one cant be upgraded, even by Naim

1 Like

Heat shrink reduces to roughly half its original diameter.

I think I’d rather stick to magic and witchcraft but thanks for the suggestion and I’ll keep my eyes open for that new boy band.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.