Please help me choose acoustics for my system!

Hello everyone! I am new to your forum! My name is Alex, I am from Ukraine. Colleagues, I ask for your help in choosing acoustics for my system! The room is 3 by 5 meters, the acoustics are in the middle of the long wall. My system is a Naim 5i-2 amplifier (I will buy a Supernait someday), a Naim ND5XS player, all Naim cables! I had Dali Mentor 2 acoustics (86Db), the sound was sharp and very tiring. After reading the forums, I paid attention to Proac, Spendor acoustics… My budget is $ 1,200-1,600 for used acoustics. I want a comfortable, soft sound with good “air”. I listen to different music - Dire Straits, Chris Rea, Madonna, George Duke, Accept, Royal Hunt, Ac / Dc. What I can order now is Spendor A5r, Spendor A5, ProAc D15, maybe you can suggest other options! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

From what I know of them I would be looking at a pair of Spendor stand mounts , but different markets have differing players and there may be some good brands that I know little about such as Amphion that are more prevalent in the Ukrainian market

Good luck and best wishes

Thank you! I have the opportunity to bring acoustics from Poland or Germany…

1 Like

The Spendor A5 is terrible and I would not touch it. If you want Spendor I’d look at the smaller A2. In case it helps, it’s ‘speakers’ rather than ‘acoustics’.

It’s hard choosing speakers without hearing them first, as we all like different things. Beware of choosing a soft sound, which can be very boring. You want something with a bit of life. ProAc make very good speakers and would be my choice of those you list.

1 Like

Hi Alex, Asking the internet to help you choose speakers is a difficult one! We all have opinions, so how do you put a weight on the opinions of strangers?

I would include Neat Acoustics in those brands that you consider. Just an opinion of a brand that I think works well with Naim.

C.

Thank you very much! I’m also inclined to ProAc! You don’t know what the difference is between response D15 and some Dali?

Thank you! I understand that you need to listen and decide for yourself in your room and in your system! But unfortunately, there is no such opportunity, so the choice is only taking into account the experience of others

Spendor A5s sound wonderful on my system. Have had them for many years.